Captured FW 190

Nice subject ! I always liked those ODD BALL schemes.... we are not use to see them...

Love the Mig Wash you put on... does bring the Whole thing together and adds a nice patina to the paint...

Well executed ! looks the part !

Beautiful. Colors really come together with the wash. That sucks about the clear coat. I've had that happen before. It's just rougher than the rest of the surface so the wash sticks down in there. I've had success sanding it down with 2000 grit then clear coating again.

Looking forward to seeing the final.

SANDING!!! :eek:

may do it yet Myke, but this was just a fun little quick kit for a Group Build over at Modelers Alliance, not sure I want to get into all that.

Thanks for the comments guys! 8)

Myke, thanks for the suggestion, worked like a dream. it was stubborn but it worked. Pictures later.

Well MP,
I first saw the pic of the plane with the dark wash painted all over it, and I did think, "WTH"?
Then I saw the consecutive pix, and was amazed. It looks great! awesome!
Fantastiko!
So, after the wash dried, how did you "clean" it off?
Dry rag?
a little alcohol?
8)

Mike I did let it dry completely and then a soft qtip or wipe will remove the excess. you can remove as much or as little as you want depending on the effect you want. The Armor guy do this to some extent, I figure give it a try.

I'm done!

Shot Vallejo matt varnish on this one to knock the shine off, had it in stock and wanted to try it, sprayed like a dream. really like those Vallejo Model Air paints.

USFW190033.jpg

USFW190034.jpg

USFW190035.jpg

USFW190037.jpg

USFW190037_.jpg

Regret that the canopy got a little hazy but if I start scrubbing and sanding up there I'd likely knock some paint off and then I'd be really stoked.

Love this kit, went together really nice with the exception of the spreader bar, little more practice with that and the gun deck would line up just fine. May have to do another one just to do a Luftwaffe scheme.

Such a sweet color scheme. I do like the Vallejo finishes too. Been using them a lot lately.

Looks great MP! ;D ;D ;D

Try brushing some Future/K;ear on the canopy if you have some. That should clear it right up.

Looks Great!!! It's Been Said Before But I Love The Colors!!!

Moon Puppy said:
Thanks folks, I'll probably do another FW but maybe not a Dragon. Nice looking aircraft.

So many beautiful 190's to build and so little time ... *sigh

Looking forward to seeing your next 190 Moon Puppy. Well done on the captured one. Which one are you considering next? Oh.. if that mark was not caused by the finger as suggested earlier then I was just wondering if you gave the plane a bath to clean off the decal setting solution before continuing? Don't shoot me, just a thought to try and help.
cheers,
FW190

I have not picked a scheme yet, knowing my run of luck i'll pick a scheme that has no decals in aftermarket and so one off that no one knows exactly what it looked like. Sort of like the unknown aircarft of the Galland's Parrot Squadron.

No, would never shoot someone for asking a question like that. And taking in the problems I have had with the Mustang and it's paint pealing I'm going to point to that very problem. I rarely wash down parts before building. I can't help to think that this has been my problem with finishes all along. Just a simple basic step in 101 model building, something I took for granted and it comes back to bite me.

rest assured all future builds will get a good wash down before any paint goes on. 8)

Latest posts

Back