Moon Puppy

Here's the victim

capturedfw190_red.jpg

And here's my attempt.
This is the 1/48 DML FW-190A-5 "Special" kit

USFW19002.jpg
USFW19003.jpg
USFW190017.jpg
Tried out RLM02 for the red but it seemed too pale so I got Insignia Red. Using RLM04 for the Yella

USFW190018.jpg
USFW190019.jpg
USFW190020.jpg
The imperfections you see is from the AlcadII Aqua Klear gloss I used to seal the mask. That stuff would have been red if I had not sealed the mask.

USFW190021.jpg
USFW190022.jpg
USFW190023.jpg
I know about that big ol' dang step seam, it slipped right by me, not to worry, you'll never see a picture from that angle again... 8)

Whacha think?

Yeah, i think it's cool too. More please.

'never see another pic from that angle again' - lol.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
That looks interesting. Ive never seen a captured FW 190 in US Colors

There's a bunch, not sure how many ended up in US, Brit, USSR and all sorts of other Allied colors.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Quick update, decals on. Think I'll keep it clean and not worry about stencils.

USFW190024.jpg

USFW190025.jpg

The BMW Logo...
USFW190026.jpg

Get the wheels on and gun barrels, some washes and I think I'll call this done.

That's pretty cool looking M.P.
Do you know the back ground story on the red and yellow paint job?

JMac said:
That's pretty cool looking M.P.
Do you know the back ground story on the red and yellow paint job?

Not at all, just always thought that was a cool scheme. I'm doing this for the "Under New Management" campaign at Modelers Alliance and I've always liked this and the overall red scheme.

Look at you... ripping right through this. Impressive. Anyone painting red and yellow next to each other has some serious ca-hones in my opinion.
As good as this looks, and it is a great looking bird you've got here, I can't help but say... please get your @ss back to that P-51. ;D

That is all.

Myke said:
please get your @ss back to that P-51. ;D

That is all.

Thank you...word on the street is there is another one, with bunches of goodies, inbound. :eek:

I sent my airbrushes off for repair a couple of weeks ago, just got notice that they were shipped out yesterday so I should have them in my fat hands tomorrow. Mustang update will be coming and I can do a good sealcoat on this to get it washed.

And it was real!

From the What da !@# is he doing department!?

two day cure of Aqua clear coat.

USFW190027.jpg
gave it a full coat of Migs Dark Wash. Allowed it to dry and
USFW190028.jpg
gloved up and started to clean again. Panel lines highlighted nicely and just enough grim was left to add character to the finish.

USFW190029.jpg
USFW190030.jpg
USFW190031.jpg
USFW190031a.jpg
Not sure what caused this blemish, any ideas?

USFW190032.jpg

To me, the red has toned down nicely, whatcha'll think?

Moon Puppy said:
Not sure what caused this blemish, any ideas?

Is that a finger? Did your thinner eat into the clear coat and then the wash settled into it?

The red does look better. 8)

Really thinking it was on the gloss coat to start with Ken, the surface looks more rough than the glossy finish on the rest of the surfaces. Guess I should have inspect it closer before washing. No, haven't had the thinner attacking base problem on this build, like ALL the other builds I have in the past... ::)

Thanks, I think the red looks a lot better. Going to seal coat and maybe wash again with the medium wash and get some stains coming off the engine and gun ports and call this done.

NIce wash

i do aggre that this looks like a finger. I had this with a pastel wash and i could not get rid of it.

Love out this one came out

Do we know if this bird got any Air to air victories against the Germans?

Latest posts

Back