BSG-62 Battlestar: Pegasus

Quaralane

All right, next up on the bench is something of a request from my YouTube viewer.
Each time I do a BSG related build, someone asks when I'll be doing the Pegasus
Well....
The answer is...now
moebius-pegasus-00.jpg

To deal with a couple of the more major flaws with the kit, I'll be using both of the photoetch sets from ParaGrafix.
Namely the detail set, and the landing bay set.
moebius-pegasus-01.jpg

Construction started with building up the 8 engine nacelles and the back plate/FTL assembly.
So far, no major seam worries, for which I am very glad
moebius-pegasus-02.jpg

Closeup of the FTL plate with the conduits in place
moebius-pegasus-03.jpg

Now, one thing I decided to fill for certain was at the back of the ship where these two areas were open and hollow.
They would be visible in final assembly, so I filled them with Aves Apoxie Sculpt and then smoothed that over.
moebius-pegasus-04.jpg

Added the etch detail for the windows that normally line the head trenck, and put the detail pieces into place.
Now, watch these detail pieces as they have to be inserted from the INSIDE of the head.
moebius-pegasus-05.jpg

Main body construction is complete with the engine nacelles glued into place as well as the front "ducts"
Breaking from the instructions, I glued the nacelles to the body first, and then glued the ducts into position.
I have also glued all of the 'head' guns into place.
moebius-pegasus-06.jpg
moebius-pegasus-07.jpg

And now comes the largest bit of modification to the kit.
As supplied, the flight pods have the ends blocked. Fixing this required moving all of the inner bulkheads from the kit parts, followed by the removal of the locator pins in the pod pieces.
This was done with a combination of snipping out the bulkheads, and a lot of Dremel work to remove the rest.
moebius-pegasus-08.jpg

It also required the filling of the locator pin marks and rather large holes that were put in the flight decks themselves.
I filled these with Squadron putty.
To help ease the filling, I also installed the front and rear guns at this time.
moebius-pegasus-09.jpg

The flight decks with the sanding completed
moebius-pegasus-10.jpg

I installed the photoetch detail to the mid-deck pieces
moebius-pegasus-11.jpg

The folded hangar etch shown glued into place
moebius-pegasus-12.jpg

I primered the insides of the hangar pods as well as the flight decks using Vallejo grey primer in my airbrush.
It took a couple of light coats to get an even finish over the etch
moebius-pegasus-13.jpg

Youtube link:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZASp3MRQ1E8[/youtube]

Nice work as always. I've passed by this one in a few shops several times. From your vid I can tell its a smooth build. But I should think they would mod the flight pods with detail. Considering the price. Seems like a slip on möbius part. Should be a beast when done

Thanks, guys.
@noc5659, I agree with you, especially after their work on the TOS Galactica

Picking up from where we left off on the build:

Landing bay decals are now in place on the decks.
Following what I saw in the pics of the ZOIC models, I drew in some lines to simulate the rest of the deck
moebius-pegasus-14.jpg

Painted a back wash over the landing bay details in oreder to bring them out
moebius-pegasus-15.jpg

Flight pods after finall assembly and installation of the etch detail for the arms.
moebius-pegasus-16.jpg

After giving the model a base coat of black, I did like I had with the previous Galactica and Solaria builds and gave the whole model a coat of metallic silver from rattlecan
moebius-pegasus-17.jpg

Following that, I gave the main hull and flight pods a black wash to both dull down the color and to bring out the detail in the surface
moebius-pegasus-18.jpg
moebius-pegasus-19.jpg

Once that was all dry, I picked out the red markings on the nose and on the ends of the landing bays with red and put the decals in place.
I gave the decals a black wash to both help them blend in with the model better, and to dull down the white on the nameplate.
The whole assembly was then shot with Krylon Clear Flat to finish it up

Finished build pics:
moebius-pegasus-20.jpg

moebius-pegasus-21.jpg

moebius-pegasus-22.jpg

moebius-pegasus-23.jpg
moebius-pegasus-24.jpg

moebius-pegasus-25.jpg

moebius-pegasus-26.jpg

moebius-pegasus-27.jpg

moebius-pegasus-28.jpg

The Pegasus shown with the Galactica and the Solaria