Bronco's 5t "Diana"

:) Hey, Tony,

Another master lesson in progress, as far as I can see,

And also, I think that your truly nickname is "Indefatigable" ... ;)

Cheers, Tony
RG

Tony ,sorry mate ,I only caught this one ::) maybe too late ,but I start by painting the rim first ,then usually I find a coin the same size as the rim ,set it on and paint the sidewall :D a washer or something will do as long as ya cover the hole ;D

Chris.

Now Chris that is a pregnant idea. ;D
I'll go right now and look through my wife's purse for MY change. ;)

Tony lee

(((lol))) ...It works for me mate ,usually you can find something to fit ;) just watch the purse dont bite ;D

Chris.

Spud
Road wheels are not a problem but to pay $40 plus postage to only paint a few front tires for half tracks
is not worth it.
I appreciate the suggestion but it's not practical for me.

Thanks
Tony lee

Go to a stationary store and pick yourself up a circle template....all different sizes of circles. Then all you have to do is match a circle to the size of the rim, mask the surrounding ones and spray.

Easy Peasy

Tony lee said:
Alright my bestist nephew just the guy I need.

How do you paint the tires???? The tire sidewalls bulge out a bunch and my circle template won't fit down enough to cover the tires to paint the rims without getting over spray on the tires.
What do you do paint the rims then use a disk to cover the center and then paint the tire?

Thanks ???
Tony lee

Hey unc! :)

what I do is free, only maybe a little time consuming but Im in no rush.

I thin my tire color to an almost wash consistency, when I apply it, it flows around the rim via capilary action. It may take a couple of applications due to its thinness but its really simple and easy and best of all the demarcation between tire and rim is clean, sharp amd consistent.

HTH

Thanks Kid
Not having the steadiest hands anymore I was trying to stay away from a brush but your way would take care of that problem. As you know i'm a neat freak and take pride in being so.

Hope you stayed dry over there.
Tony lee

Tony lee said:
Thanks Kid
Not having the steadiest hands anymore I was trying to stay away from a brush but your way would take care of that problem. As you know i'm a neat freak and take pride in being so.

Hope you stayed dry over there.
Tony lee

My hand isnt always so steady either but as you mentioned, it wont matter much. The thinned paint flows on its own.

Rain stopped a long time ago, now its just some gusty wind. A few trees in the street but that just means free firewood to me, havent had power since this morning, well not supplied by nat. Grid that is, the generator is singing along, keepng the necesities up and running.

This storm was merely a baby, Gods way of clearing out the deadwood. :)

Nice work Tony its really pulling together looks like a great kit to work on another masterpiece in the making ;D

I don't know about a masterpiece Nitro but maybe presentable. ;D

I'll let you guys be the judge
Tony lee

Panic over,all wheels painted.
Mounted the radiator and installed the upper and lower hoses made out of wire insulating jacket.
100_1014.jpg

For those of you that can get to work in the morning have a good one.
Tony lee ;D

Latest posts

Back