Bronco/skp GAZ 69

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Header608.jpg

i ordered this kit after seeing it in military illustrated modeller so far im impressed, Full color glossy instructions detail on the kit its self looks nice and comes with some Pe wich is fecking tiny!.

there is an engine in it and with a bit of hinkery thinkery you can get it looking close to what the original did/does and you can show it off if you like.

It comes with a soft top roof that you can use or not, doors and tailgate can be shown in the open position.

As for my build im going to have it beat battered and brused and looking fairly sorry for its self. im planning to add it to a dio down the line prob after christmass.

Ive attacked the canopy and filled all the sags on it with milliput. im going for the hardtop verion
21411678.jpg

i will have to make a new tailgate and cut a new door and some windows but that shouldnt be too hard i hope ;D

no pics from me on this atm cos im just working on the chassis and that was a pain in the bum with the Tini pe

Really looking forward to seeing this Spud!!! ;) Beat the heck out of it buddy!!!! Nothing like a good rusting session!!! 8)

Dito I do like a beat up model so far from just out the box and one coat of paint looking forward to seein it in all it's glory

Geegad

man this is a tricky little shagger. the front axel is all in pieces!!!!!! 13 Tiny pieces at that..
IMG_0468.jpg

and the completed bit. i hope it straight
IMG_0469.jpg

somthing ive noticed is that small bits seem to lack pin lenght to interlock to the next bit

and thanks guys im looking forward to beating the crap out of it, he is what i did with the canopy ill give it a good ol sanding tomorrow and any nics in the putty will just do as scraps
IMG_0470.jpg

13 piece front axle? Sounds like you had fun. Looking Great!!!

13?? Damn! Looking great though. Like where the canopy is going too! ;)

Carry on Sir!!

the small parts are wrecking me head lol. some bits are so small it was a waste of time making them. almost trough th engine block tough, i hope..

ok thats me done for tonight on this finished the lower section/engin/gas tank/exaust and steps that i battered up a bit.

oh here is some butterfly bolts, there is one on the air filter, the big round thing on top of the engin, this is how small things are. lol
IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0472.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg
IMG_0475.jpg

I do like a real slow build and with that many parts for the axle it would be a long time till I got to this stage I might look into getting this item keep an eye on how or goes

Yours is lookin quality so far

Geegad

thanks guys it might be a pain but in teh end it will be worth it.

and yes it will have some rust on it well lots actualy ;D

LOL....just got steamrolled on my post Spud! ;D Looking GOOOOD! Those tiny pieces do suck...but your end game will be far better for it! Are you planning on showing the motor at all?

Great job...keep it rolling!!! ;)

whiskee said:
what is the "caution" noted on the box?

All Bronco kits have that, just typical model stuff.

'not a toy'
'14 yrs and older'
'may have sharp edges' etc.

yep thats baisicly what it says.

am i gona display the engine. i hadnt planed on it but i am gona give it a few wires and ill have the option if i change my mind.

came across a small prob when doing my windows.. was not expecting this to happen ;D
IMG_0476.jpg

windows are cut
IMG_0477.jpg

some damage to the side
IMG_0478.jpg

and whats done so far
IMG_0479.jpg
IMG_0480.jpg

i filled all the sides and roof with milliput to remove the cloth effect but when i went to cut out the windows the bening movment of the plastic made the milliput come away.
All is good now tough because once the windows were cut i super blued back on the milliput and done another bit of sanding to even it up and it looks fine now :)

i was going to cut a door in the back but i wont ill use some thin strips of styreen to give the effect, i think it will be easier and neater

Latest posts

Back