Bronco Buffalo MPCV " BoneCrusher"

Got the sides of the hood and actual hood done as well. There was alot of bending involved with the slats in the vents and for some reason I couldn't get them to mesh up well enough to look straight.......so I cut the venting off of the plastic and mounted them to the supplied PE hood sides. Still fiddly enough to drive a person crazy. What you see here is the culmination of 3 hours work!

image-1171.jpg
image-219.jpg

As always, it's good to sometimes stop and clean and organize your work area halfway through a build. Maintains the zen :)

image-1622.jpg

really nice workspace T

i've been forced to abandon mine due a leak in the roof of my beloved shed :(

and as its the west of Ireland it never stops raining here :p

great build thus far mate,

keep it up

shane.

So do those Suicide Girls.

Pretty fantastic work on the PE I must say! Those grills turned out amazing!

I still feel somewhat fail because I couldn't get the full PE grilles to work out. Then again, I wasn't going to burn myself out attempting to fight these tiny pieces for no reason

I wouldn't feel to bad, that's like a decade worth of work. Pick your battles.

Fitted the hood and sides....then I dry fit the cab. After looking into the construction and layout, I doubt I'll be able to make a removalable cutaway roof and maintain a complete look. I can however make the rear door accessible and the front windscreen removable.
image-519.jpg
image-621.jpg
image-1225.jpg
Here's the digger arm control box, and those tiny buts are the control levers, glad I have an OptiVisor
image-1772.jpg
image-2134.jpg
Parts are all cleaned and ready to be pieced together. Should finish the interior and seal it up this evening.
image-1364.jpg

Exceptional. Those levels look a little oversized though ;-)

I liked the pic of the full body. Impressive size.

Masked off the windows on the outside face and sprayed the interior surface with 3 light coats of Alclad II's Armoured Glass finish. The results are awesome to say the least.
image-686.jpg
image-2414.jpg

Mounted the seats and washed the walls with a gritty acrylic mix
image-940.jpg
Finished up the top portion and masked the windows from the inside about 1mm over each edge, it's a frail edge but it will provide perfect protection until I can finishe weathering the entire shebang. Only then will I install the windows and add a tiny bit of dust and dullcote
image-1843.jpg
image-1367.jpg

Too bad I return to work tomorrow, so work will inevitably slow substantially. Oh well. I made outstanding progress over my vacation anyhow!

Good Luck to everyone in their restful months before the beginning of the great BSC of 2013!!

Awesome Badge!! That Alclad looks sweet!! Great clean build you have going!! I hate having to go back to work when I am on a roll too!! You'll be back!!!

Side not......the bench is getting clearer my friend....she will surface soon!!! ;D

Not trying to be the black sheep! But. Although you are doing incredible work here...

That much photoEtch will "at times" slow down or impede and even bog down project... Just saying!

Keep your head up and march on! Too bad about those hood grills..... but at leat you tried!

What I fear the most are those RPG's grills! Those look like a nightmare to put together? Ouch!

Good luck with that! But, if they turn out? It will make your kit shine! I love the Radio Rack job you did!
I wish I could supply you with the Cabling Job to make it come to life! But I don't have it myself! The Dashboard is Nuts! Nice job on tht as well!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the words of inspiration and praise, everyone! I realized to pick and choose what PE is absolutely necessary....luckily the RPGS defense slat armor has a jig setup so you can lay the framework and then lay in the individual slats. I may have to solder them in to provide rock solid attachments.

Nice WIP. I have the same kit that I'm hoping to start soon. Is that the Lionroar set that has slat armor?? I am eyeballing that but not sure if its worth the high $$, but if I want to do slat armor Buffalo that's my only choice or scratch build it. Anyway, glad I found this cause its a must follow thread. Keep up the good work.

Mike

Latest posts

Back