Bronco Buffalo MPCV " BoneCrusher"

nice one badger will be paying close attention..was going to have this for xmas but changed for a challenger 2..get building bud

That thing looks awesome 8) !

There is a show on tv called Afghanistan bomb patrol, is this the same type of vehicle ?

That work area is so......clean and organized. Totally unacceptable. ;) ;D

Good luck with the build. Hope to see some pics soon.

Started up a few days late because of work and some family events that precipitated over the weekend....

I plan on doing essentially a page by page blog following the instructions so, as a team we can see any mistakes and adjust the procedures for future builders :)

Starting withe the single piece lower tub I completed the first and Second pages of the booklet

image-149.jpg
So many sprues!

image-151.jpg
image-150.jpg

The supports in the foreground needed some finesse to install. The precut holes in the tub needed widened by just a hair to allow the tabs to fit in

image-153.jpg
image-152.jpg

The same went for all of the precut tabs elsewhere.....just a tiny bit off the long edges with the tip of the XActo should do the trick.

More updates to follow. I have time off work, so I plan to finish construction by Christmas!

Awesome that your doing this step by step to point out any discrepancies. This is going to come in handy when I start mine. ;D

That is one hefty kit there!!!! Off and running....grabbing a snack and jumping in the comfy chair on this!!! ;D

keep the pics a coming of this beast looking forward to seein this build come on more than the one im doing

image-154.jpg
Parts E33 must be handled delicately and when gluing E55/53 together, make sure to push the hard to one side so you can maintain them as glue free and free moving as possible. As shown below.
image-155.jpg

Here's the fun of putting together the brake cylinders with protective PE housings. They are pretty simple and all the PE folds very easy.
image-156.jpg
I found that placing the plastic parts together and then folding the PE around it rendered the best results. There are 4 total boxes.
image-158.jpg

On the G Sprue there's some hex nuts that are attached to a crossmember along the top edge. Probably could have been kept on for injection but oh well
image-159.jpg
I found that applying a blob of Tamiya ETC on the location and using the dry tip of the bottle brush to lift and place the shaved head into it final place. Wicking away the excess with the brush afterwards
image-160.jpg
image-161.jpg
Hopefully everyone can discern the steps I followed via the attached page

The Bug has been critical in getting the job done on folding
image-162.jpg
image-163.jpg

The crossbar needed drilling out just a hair to alow for easy placement....and I mean just a hair
image-164.jpg
This was part of the first step....the little lip edging out past the part needed to be trimmed to allow flush fit of the blast panel
image-165.jpg
image-166.jpg
Here's all the parts from this page arranged ready to get shambled together
image-167.jpg

The Transfer case and connection need to be squeezed in carefully and the connection rods are easiest to attach last since they're long and unruly. I attached parts E47 to the axle first and don't follow the directions and affix the perpendicular....they need to be more parallel with the attachment point.
image-168.jpg
The hose attachment was made with rigid copper wire instead of sprue, just for durability sake
image-169.jpg
So as it stands, the front suspension is complete and the rear is soon to follow....more updates to come tomorrow!!

Latest posts

Back