Bronco Buffalo MPCV " BoneCrusher"

2 more runs should crisp it up enough.....can't do too much at a time since I don't wanna sweat the wood

Sanded the roadbed and laid the rest of the terrain....on a sidenote, CelluClay when mixed with warm water, pva glue, and paint.....it resembles runny cow dump. Doesn't smell great either ;D

image_zps23622b04.jpg
image_zps5e7c6fde.jpg
image_zps48b1397f.jpg

Nice beginning to a little base work there!!! There is some light at the end of the tunnel!!! ;D ;D

I'm gonna have to bake it dry since I cant afford to have it waiting for over a week to fully dry.... Might have to pre place the IED so I can cement it in. Indeed there is light at the end of the tunnel !

After this dio is all done I'll shoot some color on the Staghound and use some scrap to make the base, then it'll be on to the great BSC of 2-0-1-3 !

for reference, placing a celluclay item over 1/8" thick into the oven at 150 for 30 minutes will do absolutely nothing.....except make the stuff warm again! It dried up a little on the edges so I suppose bumping the temp up to 250-300 and baking in 30-45 minute increments will remedy the situation :)

* I only document my endeavours just because theres never a ready source of reference material to be found. Hopefully someone will find this thread someday to solve their issue :)

3 hours @ 200 degrees..... So much progress ::)
image_zpse1a78281.jpg

Here's to hoping its workable by tomorrow evening. It's almost rubbery right now in its thickest spot. If it cools and solidifies, ill be affixing the slats by Saturday.

Like hot pine tar....the wood wept a bit. Luckily a quick swipe of laquer thinner removed it from the wife's cookie sheet

I engraved the nameplate and put down 2 coats of sealer and 1 coat of DullKote on the base. Looks like I'm printing some road signs and affixing them to some soda cans this weekend.

Found suitable pics, sized them properly, readied them for print, sent them to my work email, drove to do the personnel transfer I needed to do........and realized I forgot my BareMetal Foil sheets at home ! CURSES !!!! One of these days I'll get my head on straight ;D

They'll be printed in the morning and I'll be setting these signs up by tomorrow night !

The yellow one will be scaled down a tad......quiet a bit actually
image_zps1bcef7f8.jpg
Here's a quick mock-up of the full dio. Spare tire represents IED, Titebond bottle will be the green highway sign, silver hairspray will MAYBE be a lightpole if i decide to include it, and the specimen cup will be the much smaller yellow sign.
image_zpsd7f68eca.jpg

Hey badger can you show how you made the name plate, it looks epic

Latest posts

Back