Bronco Buffalo MPCV " BoneCrusher"

Mixed up the sludge and applied it liberally to the framed off section.....it'll be cleaned up quite a bit once it dries and I get to sand it level and remove the framing....might have to lay down more sealer since I plan on useing celluclay for the "dirt" areas.

image_zps8dd07644.jpg
image_zps2d2f880a.jpg

nice start bud is that mud from the yard...thats all i use saves buying a tub for large amount of dollars/pounds

I am going to be putting down a celluclay groundwork just a bit more shallow than the roadbed. To make this mix I took 2 cups plaster of Paris, 1.9 cups water, .1 cups of black acrylic paint, 6oz fine sand, 8 oz coarse sand. Mixed well and applied. Prob going to take 2 days to dry :(

that should be rock hard in a hour and dry out over night pp dries really quick

It's pretty soft still.....it's laid rather thick so I'd assume it'd take a long time to cure if I don't subject it to heat/sunlight

just catching up on this mega build and ive gotta say you've really gona all out on it.

thisnis looking amazing already and will only get better

top job

Attached the wipers and the turn signal units....
image_zps75f96274.jpg

Glued all the reflectors and lights in place and attached the rooftop searchlights
image_zps8190f24d.jpg
image_zpsec0724f5.jpg

Rusted out and added smoke effects to the arm and the areas that'd be affected....had to use vallejo satin varnish to take the gloss out though
image_zps10496093.jpg
Added some solder " hydraulic lines" to the arm in various locations and used AKs Fresh engine oil to dirty up the junctions. Painted flat aluminum onto the hydraulic arms too to add contrast and use.
image_zps95fc5e87.jpg
image_zps11785e4f.jpg
You can sort of see the cabling I added to the bumper mounted RHINO mine device

Finally, threw some accessories in the rear area. Jerry can, water bottles and some weaponry.
image_zps255f9b4b.jpg

That looks fantastic. The added detail to the arm is great. The pack, weapons and bottles are a great touch. Since your adding this to a base I assume your adding figures?

I want to, but I'm afraid of painting them. Lol. I may get 2 BlackDog soldiers to put in, but who knows. I may be sitting out the BSC this year because of having to move. If that's the case, then yes definitely some figures

Catching back up on this.
All that hard work and PE work has really paid off. This looks stunning.

Thanks, Scott. A beast indeed. Once it all said and done, the base with model and all extras will weigh prob 10 pounds!!

good lord, its gonna take longer than expected for the road to dry....Over 24 hours and its just barely dry on the edges. After removing the tape it looks like only about 1/3 of the way to the base :( I need to get sanding on this before I can lay CelluClay !
photo_zps89f57eb7.jpg

your weathering on the Buffalo is really impressive! about the base though, ive heard that high humidity will affect the dry time of plaster, i dont know how it is there, but maybe a dehumidifier will help?

Latest posts

Back