Brakiri cruiser

Thanks Solander

Mersajohn: I got the piece of wood at a big box hobby shop. Hobby Lobby here in the states. They are more like a craft store than a hobby shop. It wasn't expensive either. I usually go to one of these places and get a piece of wood. I have the tools to make a base like this, but usually don't bother. Why make one when I can purchase one for less than $5 us?

Igard: The B5 ships do look distinct. You are probably right, it was the freedom to not build up a studio model of the ship that allowed that to happen.

I took a look at the hobbycraft site, and it reminds me of a Hobby Lobby. But I couldn't find one of these there. Here is a link to the hobby lobby site with a similar item:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/square-wood-plaque-181123/

That will give you an idea as to where to start.

The next update will show the cutter in action.... Might be a bit boring, but I did do some commentary to lighten it up a bit....

Nice to see the cutter in action. Looks like it'll work out really well. I look forward to the result. :)

That cutter is definitely an awesome device! Plus lots of applications come in mind except modeling.
Ah, and a wonderful minerals exhibition btw, that stone covered with "snow" is fascinating.

Looking good.
If it's no secret could you let us know how much this machine cost?
Cheers

Thank you all! I will have the final results in the next video. It did come out very good!

Biskup said:
Looking good.
If it's no secret could you let us know how much this machine cost?
Cheers

It was right at $100 US.

Great Vid G!!! Those eyes of yours are killing me man. LOL!

The base is looking great G! I definitely think you should put the Brakiri cruiser sticker on your truck. It will be interesting to see if anyone figures it out. ;D

"My other car's a Brakiri Cruiser". ;D

Those letters look fantastic! Great result.

The back right corner of the truck has said "Brakiri Cruiser" for two weeks now. Not one comment. The truck is black, with a black camper shell. So unless you are looking right at it, you probably won't see it.

Igard, too bad I didn't think about that, it so would have said that!

Definitely coming along, John.
Looking forward to seeing her built up completely now

Hey Grendels:

Long time no see my friend I gotta stop with the corny intros.

Nice project........You have to love all the stuff thats out there for us model makers now.... that vinyl cutter is cool.....I like your vids John keep em coming there's no better way to show someone how to.

XXX

I was sure you going to use the other cut part for a mask and spray paint thru it on to the base.
Looks really great.
Cheers
Lukasz

Quaralane said:
Definitely coming along, John.
Looking forward to seeing her built up completely now

Well work is a priority for the next week and a half. I am not going to have time to work on this until near the 16th. But when that day comes, I have a five week vacation, so she will get done then.

XXXNITRO said:
Hey Grendels:

Long time no see my friend I gotta stop with the corny intros.

Nice project........You have to love all the stuff thats out there for us model makers now.... that vinyl cutter is cool.....I like your vids John keep em coming there's no better way to show someone how to.

XXX

Thanks, and yes they have a lot of stuff for us out there. This thing is meant for other purposes, but it works great for this. And I can make paint mask with it as well!

Thanks Solander!

Lukasz: That never occurred to me, mainly because there are a lot of different colors of vinyl available, so why not just use it? I have thought about making paint mask with this thing, but not for the base. But why not? It would work great that way.

Well I though about making a mask for painting because it would allow you to shade the color or something but that was my thought.
I never thought about making it the way you did and I don't know why because it's very simple and also very effective.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back