Brakiri cruiser

Man I just spent over an hour reading the comments and watching the vids.
This is quite impressive; verging on the epic in scope!
The only other thing that you might have done to really put it over the top would have been drilling out the resin and adding lights! But that might have led to madness...
Anyway, I love what you've done with this. Can't wait to see it finished.

trekriffic said:
Man I just spent over an hour reading the comments and watching the vids.
This is quite impressive; verging on the epic in scope!
The only other thing that you might have done to really put it over the top would have been drilling out the resin and adding lights! But that might have led to madness...
Anyway, I love what you've done with this. Can't wait to see it finished.

One day I will attempt what you suggest, but not with this model. I have two or three other resin models that would look great from that treatment.

It would have been madness with this one. That is for sure.

Thank you for the great comment!

Quaralane said:
Looks like she's still trying to fight you all the way, John.
Good luck with her

This Moby will be slain soon. I get to attach two more parts to her this weekend. Then you guessed it, more seam filling!!!!

Great to see you persevere with those seams. Shame about those struts length, but I'm sure you'll fix that right up.

As someone who enjoys lighting his models, I'm really turned off all resin kits because of this. Don't know if I'll ever attempt to hollow one out one day.

Igard: Thank you for the comment! I am not going to try and fix the strut length. It would mean basically starting this model over from scratch and with the amount of work on the seams, this is just something I don't want to do right now.

Also, who would know? How often do you see one of these? Practically never. I think this ship appeared in only three episodes of this show. She will look fine without fixing it. Just too much work to bother with when I have better models to build.

Thanks! This has been one of the most challenging builds I have ever done. And you can't tell by looking at it...

I will have another update soon.

I'm glad to see you are getting back to this model. I know it may be a bit buggy (seams) but I think
it will look great when finished. Thanks for sharing.

Scott Girvan said:
Great work on those seams...and nice happy dancin!

She watched the video last night and had to do it again! I have a very happy daughter!

texastony1946 said:
I'm glad to see you are getting back to this model. I know it may be a bit buggy (seams) but I think
it will look great when finished. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah this was one of the worst models I have ever worked with, but I have also learned quite a bit building her. Primer tonight!

Very nice work sir..You took a lower quality casting and produced a high quality result...Thanks for sharing...Gives everyone a heads up on the pitfalls of working with resins..Personally I've had mixed results but if the casting is a good casting it is a giant step towards a great result...thanx

I agree, I have worked with poor castings too many times. I have not really worked with a good cast resin model, but I have a few in the stash, and will get to one very soon.

I've got one of those Harbor Freight miter saws too. Nothing better for cutting brass tubing especially if you are cutting a lot of them. When I was building my Romulan BOP I used square and round tubing for the windows and sensor ports. I saved a lot of time having to mark tubing by taping a wood block down to the base using double-sided foam tape. I positioned it opposite the clamp on the other side of the blade measuring the distance between the blade and the block to match the length of brass tubing I needed to replicate. Then I just placed the tubing in the clamp and tightened it down to the point where I could just barely push the tubing thru and butted it up against the block. Then I made my cuts one after the other feeding the tubing thru the clamp and up against the block after each cut. The pieces were short and I literally had to make my cuts inside a box so the pieces wouldn't off my workbench. They all stayed in the box.

Anyway, I know how much work you are putting into this build and just wanted to say I think you are doing a remarkable job on it. Good tip on using CA with the AVES for a super strong joint. I can hardly wait to see it finished.

Thanks! The next update will be soon. I finally got the decals in so I can finish this one off and get it in the all open category.

Latest posts

Back