Brakiri cruiser

nice work on your bubbles problem. I have the same issue on some of my resin kits in my stash. Now I know how to deal with them. Great work.

This one will be off for a week or two. Going back to Desslok's command cruiser for the next few updates. I am doing a putty compare and contrast video with five different types of putty's.

Smooth looking, great job! Looking forward to see new progress on this babe, as well as on the Desslok's command cruiser ;)

Ha! I guess we should start a drilling club together :)) Still sitting here and drill holes for the MF landing gear. I also like to realize the gear with brass tubes to get a strong stand and a hidden power supply. Di dadadadda drilling, hehe!

Hey "G" unless you have to have brass.......?
When I pinned the stabilizers on the big A-wing
i just looked through home depot in the finishing
nail section......tons of choices even brads best part
they already have points! LOL LOL

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Ha! I guess we should start a drilling club together :)) Still sitting here and drill holes for the MF landing gear. I also like to realize the gear with brass tubes to get a strong stand and a hidden power supply. Di dadadadda drilling, hehe!

I will have a lot of drilling for the MF this next weekend once I get the cockpit worked out. So a drilling club it is! Also, I recently found out that the handy drill will take dremel collets. I can now use tiny little drill bits with it.

Jamaicanmodels69 said:
Hey "G" unless you have to have brass.......?
When I pinned the stabilizers on the big A-wing
i just looked through home depot in the finishing
nail section......tons of choices even brads best part
they already have points! LOL LOL

Slaps head, duh, That would have been much easier. They come in various sizes too. I wouldn't have to cut all of those brass pins and file them down.

Looks like a trip to my local home depot is in the works ;D

I was afraid You've frozen this project, G.
Great to see it coming together!
Really nice job as always :)

iv built soooo many resin kits and ive never needed to use soo many pins! sometimes all you need for the heavy parts is some scuffing and 5 minute epoxy and good clamps. Let dry for an hour. trust me it wont go anywhere.

Indeed, it's good to see this back in the works.

And it was good to see the soup catcher one last time! ;D

Really good video
I have never done resin kit didnt know that it needed pins
Thanks

Does NOT look fun, Grendels.
But it will definitely help hold it together better

Solander said:
I was afraid You've frozen this project, G.
Great to see it coming together!
Really nice job as always :)

Nope, too close to done. Just two more seams to fill and the big stabilizers to put on her. Then painting!

punkpigpen said:
iv built soooo many resin kits and ive never needed to use soo many pins! sometimes all you need for the heavy parts is some scuffing and 5 minute epoxy and good clamps. Let dry for an hour. trust me it wont go anywhere.

LOL! I added the pins because a couple of you suggested I do so. No worries, I learned a lot in adding the pins!

Igard said:
Indeed, it's good to see this back in the works.

And it was good to see the soup catcher one last time! ;D

This footage is old, from about three weeks ago. I started working on the lighting tutorials back then. So this got on hold for a bit. Worked on it last night.

So I don't have the soup catcher any more. I have to ask the "boss" to grow it back. ;)

SLW45 said:
Really good video
I have never done resin kit didnt know that it needed pins
Thanks

Probably not as many pins as I used. But better safe than sorry.

Quaralane said:
Does NOT look fun, Grendels.
But it will definitely help hold it together better

It really wasn't that bad. Took me about an hour to drill all the holes and get them lined up correctly. Should be as solid as a rock once glued up.

Fantastic update grendels. I'm liking this ship. Apart from the 'Day of the Dead' I can't remember the Brakiri getting any substantial air-time.

Igard said:
Fantastic update grendels. I'm liking this ship. Apart from the 'Day of the Dead' I can't remember the Brakiri getting any substantial air-time.

They really didn't. This ship however was in most of the Major multi-race wars. It is growing on me as well.

Latest posts

Back