Boomers Viper O.T.S. BSG

fblanton

Some images from my Monogram Original Television Series BSG Colonial Viper. I am going to model a Viper piloted by Boomer, Herbert Jefferson Jr. Like the Jek Porkins X-Wing build I am showing some love to Boomer. Now I plan to mark this craft quite differently as a ship flown in a fighter gun competition on Aerolon, [Aries} This would of course have been an earlier assignment to a different Battlestar before the destruction of the Colonies.
{I must apologize for the slightly blurry pilot shots. Camera acting up.}
RevellColonialViperkitparts.jpg
EnginesforViperkit.jpg
Boomer6.jpg
Boomer2.jpg
HotMetalViperengines.jpg

Excellent start!! Boomer deserves some props. ;D Cockpit looks awesome!!

Thanks for the kind remarks guys! The cockpit is the stock tub. Other than two decals no changes made. I used some Vallejo paints to add those buttons in different colors. Not much of the cockpit can be seen on a finished Viper anyway. The engines were painted with Alclad Hot Metal paints much the same way I did the engine bay for my Fine Molds Millennium Falcon, "What a piece of Junk" Falcon SMA Group build. After a base of Alclad gloss black laq. is applied the chrome is next. Followed by the hot metal yellow, hot metal blue, and violet. Finally sepia is added and that is what was used for the streaking in the engine interiors. Also the chrome is on the leading edge of each engine intake as well as the nose piece. The cockpit has been glued in and the fuselage halves have been cemented. The clear canopy outer panels have been masked with Tamiya tape and the canopy glued in place. The tape will remain on the canopy while the cement dries along with Mr. Dissolved putty for the seam. Of course this all gets sanded smooth and the canopy will stay protected while the dirty work goes on and the paint work begins.

Latest posts

Back