yISinkF.jpg
4QwpENG.jpg
g2uABOi.jpg
BhRtuSg.jpg
jvdH47p.jpg
ggimlVn.jpg

For some reason , these wheel well bulkheads are cast resin . ( ? ) :

dZJxKUZ.jpg

I'm guessing they were missed and the resin route was the logical choice .... manufacturing injection-molding assemblies is VERY expensive .

SeVicBf.jpg
IfR8Dxk.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_&_Voss_BV_155

Last edited:
This will be a cool project to follow.
I always wondered how the aircraft would handle with that radiator design, especially whether it would have an effect on the plane's ability to roll.

Seems like it's been way more than a month since I started this thread o_O

This is one of those builds you have to glue up a quarter to a half inch at a time to keep things lined up as best possible .
The bulk of this build is going to be putty'n and sanding seams and then restoring panel lines .

It reminds me of the U-2 with these monster-span wings !

BUKSUxs.jpg

Today will be spent dealing with seams and panel lines ,

s8MPmqX.jpg
ruRFBFA.jpg

There was major-gappage around this intake for the supercharger .
I added some lacquer putty behind it prior to assembly so I could fill it in from the outside using acrylic medium .
Big improvement but it'll probably need more work after the primer hits it :

3SRyxqo.jpg

I had to remove maybe 3/4 of each positioning tab ( tenon ) from the horizontals to get them to snug up to the vertical , and they will still need putty :

d5pzCm9.jpg

They marked these components for the radiators left and right , but I couldn't see a difference in them at first ,, ,, but the left side is 1/2 mm wider . Maybe .4 mm ,
You can see how the one side of the larger left section is thicker .
Weird .
LOL , who knows what happennated :D

OV6ROQN.jpg

.. with that extra thickness reciprocated on the wing for that left side :

JdmQ4QT.jpg

Weird

btTaWKB.jpghB98J91.jpg

Just like I think they forgot the wheel well bulkheads when they designed the injection molds , I think they forgot a small bulkhead forward of the instrument panel .
The panel goes up into this cowling but it makes 2 points of contact .
Doable but weird :

YzfB6uB.jpgnetqiSw.jpg

The kit's plastic is solid & knives , sands and glues well .
So there's that .

HSFV2RH.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that cowling looks like it was found inside your vacuum after cleaning your work area....lol
The strange bird is taking shape

Strip styrene will take care of that. Strange aircraft, it's like a Condor and a Stuka got drunk one night and had an offspring!

Oh yeah , I can handle it .
Glad this is a super low part-count kit . It would take 13 months to glue this thing up .

The only Bronco product I've used is their T158 tracks for the M1 Abrams. They are very crisply molded. They take forever to assemble too.

Latest posts

Back