BIG RIG RAT

Hey guys. Thanks for the comments.

This weekend I have managed to make some progress. Everything is in base coat including a variety of metalizers on the 'formerly shiny' parts. I'll chip flat greys over this.

4507.jpg

Wheels are finished as far as paint / hairspray chipping goes. I"ll add more weathering with AK stuff.

4508.jpg

4509.jpg

And a bit of a mockup to see how the rusty and silvery will look together.
4510.jpg

Looks wicked! The colour of the wheels is awesome and the metal finish looks cool too.

Thanks John. Still lots of weathering to do on those metal parts.

Just dropping in to paste a reference. I like to use the thread to 'bookmark' stuff. Gonna go for this look with the hitch.
T-012-T-014-Pete-5th-wheels-002.jpg

its gonna look awesome after complete imo. speed it up! im unpatient to see the result ...

Thanks guys. I appreciate the enthusiasm but the last thing I want to do now is rush this. Getting closer though.

Couldn't resist jumping to that 5th wheel and trying some oil paint and pigments. Gonna leave this dry for a good long while and then revisit it for a second go.

4511.jpg

I love taking shots like this.
4512.jpg

That last photo really shows off her stance Scott. I dig those shots as well. She is looking some kinda mean Sir. Great color choice on the wheels.

Yes,yes,yes, take your time. We all must remind ourselves over and over again. :)

The fifth wheel looks great.

Scott, looks like you've made a great start on that hitch. Per the referance photo, it looks like there is a huge layer of dried out caked on grease on the real thing. I'm thinking you could mix a little AK engine oil with a little fuel stains in a small amount of plaster. Might give it that "caked" layer you see in the photo.

Latest posts

Back