BIG RIG RAT

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. Keeps me moving on this.

Yes, good call Adam. I did knock some of the pigs off at noon in preparation for another layer tonight. Lots of oily, chunky crap on the bed in the middle of the hitch too. Fun stuff!

Here are some pics of different components. Some of these pics were a bit 'yellow' but here they are for what it's worth. Just trying to get a mix of different weathering. Some items rusty, some corroded etc... Lots left to do.

4514.jpg

4515.jpg

4516.jpg

4517.jpg

4518.jpg

4519.jpg

4520.jpg

4521.jpg

4522.jpg

4523.jpg

Man ..This is Sick !!!! Its coming together sweet Scott ,The paint ,the corrosion ,the grease ,the rust :eek: :eek: :eek: Fantastic !!! love the wheels & whitewalls ...just Awesome ;D

Chris.

Thanks guys. It's rather fun. 8)

JohnSimmons said:
Very cool. It looks real, that's what you wanna hear right?

Well...sure. I just want the truth. If something looks off I want to know. But thanks man.

Tonight I brought the bench to the kitchen table and started some rusty pits on the Alclad chrome bits...I sure wish I had clear parts for those lights...gonna have to try and paint them to look the part. Orange I think... ::)
LED_Car_Truck_Trailer_Freightliner_Cab_Marker.jpg

4525.jpg

then I got my interior started.
4524.jpg

Love where you are going on the interior!! Try some Clear Orange over the Alclad for the lights. Maybe a couple coats of Future over the orange too! The pitting is shaping up nicely my friend!! ;)

Looks good to me dude! I second what T said about those lights. Clear orange over the silver should come out pretty good.

Everything is looking great. Where did you get the PE screen anyway? Looks awesome all rusted up.

It looks like you got the glass in, did you make it or is it kit glass?

Cheers dudes. Thanks.

Yeah, clear orange/future. Check.

No glass yet Matt. Just makes the rubber part before painting the metal. Used Alclad black primer. Great stuff. I'll have to make glass since I opened the doors and stuff...

PE screen...that was on the raffle table at CAMS one year.The other style....not sure where I got it. Train shop in Moncton I think. It's the kind of stuff that you rarely use but when you need it it's nice to have.

Okay thanks. It is good to have stuff like the PE mesh on hand. Really adds to scratchbuilding projects.

It almost looked like you had glass in. A good thin clear plastic is not as noticeable as kit glass.

Chris S said:
Man ..This is Sick !!!! Its coming together sweet Scott ,The paint ,the corrosion ,the grease ,the rust :eek: :eek: :eek: Fantastic !!! love the wheels & whitewalls ...just Awesome ;D

Chris.
DITTO!

Thanks guys. I sprayed the engine with matte coat tonight. Gonna let that cure overnight then start on the yellow and the chipping. Getting close to wrapping this one up. Still a fair bit left. It's funny how much there is to building cars. Lots of separate parts to paint and assemble.

I hope you still have the car bug Scott. You have done us automotive guys proud. ;)

Oh I do. Yes, building a few StarWars kits but I'm working on choosing the next Rat Project. Got a few in mind...big trucks are really speaking to me... ;)

Glad to hear it. I need to change my gears a bit and build my Fine Molds Falcon. I wanted to get a little weathering under my belt first. I need to be a man and just do it. ;D

Grab a kit and weather it. Test every method. Heck, don't even build it, just weather the body of a car or something. I've done plenty of that. Salt one side, hairspray the other...it will be A: Fun and B: You'll learn tons and gain confidence. that would be C.

WOW I LOVE IT!

I Also LOVE the Rte 11 sign you got on your decal sheet, drove up and down that road many, many .....many times!

Thanks Jeff. Are you in gagetown by any chance? I'm n Bouctouche, right on rt 11.

Used to be, now in Halifax but from the Caraquet area.

Also, i'm now a military trucker and i must say i giggled when i saw your nic ;D

Latest posts

Back