BIG RIG RAT

Hey guys. Thanks for the comments.

Rivets are made with the small shop nutter then glued with ca. Great tool.

The logo is gone...pics tomorrow.

I've been known to change my mind on occasion...

Here some quick pics.

Wasn't feelin' the rusted panel so now it's a sign.
4459.jpg

Wasn't feelin' the logo so I masked and painted it all again. Gonna put a 'Lot Lizard Kustoms' shop logo on the door. That's what I'm calling her, The Lot Lizard (don't mean to be lewd...just being a truck, low to the ground, and green...)
4460.jpg

LOL..."Lot Lizard" must mean something different North of the border ::) Killer ride Scott! Love the signage!! ;D ;D ;D

I can't remember how old I was. My Dad always harvested a Christmas tree from the forest, just near our home and one year he had got a tree and Mom had it all decorated. One Christmas eve, in his dissatisfaction with the tree he had chosen, he took it all down, chopped another and put it all back up.

I just cut the sleeper of a 2nd Peterbilt kit. The apple don't fall too far from the tree. That patch...just not happy with it.

Call me crazy.

But, I've learned a ton and I'm almost back to primer...it's a quick chop.

Lol.

Not much to show right now....I just finished gluing up the modified cab. In the morning I can sand my filler and I'm back to primer.

This time round no silly dremel games.

Look what I just found.

4462.jpg

Not that I'm going to copy this...still the most 'raw' Peterbilt I've found so far.

Scott Girvan said:
Not much to show right now....I just finished gluing up the modified cab. In the morning I can sand my filler and I'm back to primer.

This time round no silly dremel games.
This is a truly wicked toy. My wife got me a 4000 for my birthday and it nearly ate the first model I tried to do anything to with it. Even with a foot pedal to reign the thing in with.

Love the way your build is coming along. Weathering and rust is a skill that eludes me.

Dale

Thanks man. Give it a shot...I'm sure you can learn to weather stuff if you want too.

New cab is back to square one but I think I'll start on the frame and engine paint...

Creating oxidized metal/paint is easy with the new Naval Salt Streaking effects from AK. Just mist it on evenly with an airbrush over a nice semi-gloss coat and then buff with a microfiber cloth to get a smooth finish.

Latest posts

Back