Battlewagon: M4A3E8 ETO

Hey Tanker52 Thanks for stopping by for an look and asking your question. :D

You are correct in that it is related to the recoil action of the main gun. The interesting thing about this is that photo evidence is not consistent on the matter. You will find many photos of 76mm Shermans without this feature and many with it. I have seen vary few 75mm Shermans with this present. As I built this Sherman as an artistic representation vise an historical one I included this feature for the color variation and to add interest for the viewer. Since the barrel is an aftermarket item from RB models I just masked off the section before I started painting and removed the mask at the end. I then toned down the bright bare metal with a brown wash, that kind of looks like grease.

Hope that helps and thanks for your question. ;D

Thanks Frank and MrT Glade you like the progress thus far :D

Finished up the base over the weekend so I thought I would make a quick update.
The road way is from Verlinden and the wall is carved out of balsa Foam, which is awesome material to make structures out of, and Aves ClayShay for the ground work. Tamiya paints, oils and AK Interactive for color and weathering. Lastly Grass tuffs from Scenic Express and Hudson & Allen Forest Litter for ground covering.

P22a.jpg
P22b.jpg
P22c.jpg

what is this Balsa foam you speak of?? is it new? the wall loos fantastic

Will Spud Balsa Foam is a Wondrous and Magical product ;D
Instead of trying to sound like I know what I'm taking about I'll just point to the excellent wed site I found that covers what it is and how to use it. ::)

Balsa Foam - Sculpting Made Easy!

and this is where I ordered it from here in the states
Blick-Balsa Foam II

The problem is I'm not sure how easy it will be to find in Europe and it is a bit expensive too :-[
Hope this helps! 8)

As they say up here around the Boston suburbs...

that looks wicked shahhhp.

;D

oh isnt that the guy that does Celticwerks masters?

there is a link on the link to get it in the UK. Defo something to try sometime. thanks for that Eric

:eek:wow mym8 that looks mint buddy,top marks on the build and ya scratchin also...cheers peza

Here it is more or less FINISHED!!! ;D

I just wanted to post some teaser pictures now as I start to work up the finished photographs, which will be posted here soon.

As usual any constructive feedback from the community is most welcome…Enjoy

P23a.jpg
P23b.jpg
P23c.jpg
P23d.jpg

Excellent job on this Eric!!! Remember seeing this at the show and loving all the extra details!!!! Pics look tops too!! ;) BTW, great talking with you at the show, glad we could meet! ;)

The only feedback I can say is wow wow truly superb eric in every aspect..seen it on the vid thought I was yours and it was once again looks amazing buddy

Latest posts

Back