BamBam - Battlestar Valkyrie - 1/3700

Solander said:
Sweet kit, TRM! And I'm extremely threatened to see, what are You going to do with it ;)

LOL...Thanks Sol!! LOL...shouldn't be worried at all!! Fist time bangin on a Sci-Fi...more for fun than anything else!! ;)

Thanks Adam...LOL...knocking this one out is NOT off the table!! ;D

CT - I said the same thing!!! :-X

John - LOL...no!! ::) Been cleaning the schedule and plugging away at the WENG3!!!

Thanks for stopping in Myke!! Great to have you along for the ride!!

WOW !! And I thought I'd lost the plot doing a comic book figure thingy !! ....you're doing a space thingy :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D cool ,looking forward to the outcome ...do things rust in space ?? ::) :p

Thanks John...I think I will be needing it too!! LOL!!

Thanks Chris!! Pretty sure Oxygen is the main component to a good rusting!!! ::)

I'm not at all surprised your doing this build; it's totally up your alley... it is after all a ship right? ;D

Weathered up it's going to look great.

hey man you should pick up the bsg the plan theres a good shot of the ship in that flick

Thanks 9D....I will have to check into that! I have been slacking a bit while I finish some "modelling work" stuff! LOL!! I think it might be time to start building for real soon!! THanks again for the heads up!!! ;)

Big-John said:
Is it done yet? ::)

Good man John...keep me kn a short leash here!!! ;D Nope!! To busy watching you build the KT I forgot about everything!!! 8) LOL...soon buddy!

Well well well....Looks like its been an awfully long time since this one showed its ugly head...the model and myself! :eek:

A couple things fell into place to bring this one back to life...but first let me thank Adam for moving this topic out of the BSC 2013 Cat and into its new home for the moment as I will be done with this real soon!

Anyway, I am doing the yearly task of pushing myself through some builds that were started this year trying to clear the bench before the stroke of midnight on the 31st....this is one of those builds...I threatened to build her for the BSC but time was not on my side, then after a good friend, Bill Plunk, went off the reservation by attempting his Battlestar Galactica I challenged him with a "Duel" . This is a friendly way of building stuff and having some FUN.

With that I will cycle through some pics here bringing this up to where I am at the moment. If nothing else I am finishing the contest entry...LOL!

This is how this looked on the 21st of December....

OHBOY233_zps39f5af77.jpg

This is not the most glamorous of kits and at 1/3700 there are some things that don't look the part...but again...this is about finishing, Having FUN and PAINTING!! ;D

017_zps27b919bd.jpg

019_zpsfaf78d8a.jpg

Everything went together quickly and I of course had to shoot some primer. The 1st coat did not take on the nose as this was a bit different resin than the rest of the kit. So I stripped it back and painted it with Auto Primer and went over that with a thin coat of AK White primer!!

067_zps6a45a596.jpg

Pr-shade time!! This was not part of the fun yet... :p But made it through it just the same!

075_zps106372ea.jpg

Next started laying down several thin coats of paint to bring this together...

077_zpsbb99845c.jpg

083_zps96945bf6.jpg

Things slowly came together as this was last night....

089_zps33551591.jpg

092_zps8ce5a5e3.jpg

098_zps6a38fc84.jpg

101_zps686edd22.jpg

This morning over coffee...I masked of everything to prepare for the installation of the red signal stripes.

130_zpsfdf679bd.jpg

136_zps99162fe7.jpg

137_zps39a2d629.jpg

As you nice, I am using a lot of Vallejo's products...I happen to have a bunch of new toys to play with so I figured it is a good time to test them out! So I figured a little chipped paint was warranted.

131_zps38e57037.jpg

Similar to other chipping fluids, the Chiping Medium is sprayed on and then the paint and shortly after an application of clean water is applied and using a combination of soft and stiff bristled brushes, remove what you want.

144_zps7597e864.jpg

146_zps7b15930d.jpg

155_zps1f626202.jpg

Finally a clear coat was applied to seal everything before a little weathering!!

169_zps7462522b.jpg

That is that...pretty quick stuff but fun just the same. I am making a small base for this at the moment and finishing up the weathering!! SHould have this mounted soon!!

As always, thanks for stopping by and having a peek!! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi ya CT!! LOL...I did too!! Cleaning the bench and there was the box!! Bill just started his and I figured "what the hey"!! Thanks!! Should have this polished up soon!! ;)

Well, that was quicker than I thought it would be!! ::) I had a few moment on and off today to hit the bench!!

Done!

350_zps87aba12a.jpg

358_zpsb22f6977.jpg

353_zpse78e0cfe.jpg

I made up a small base. I will end up giving this back to the friend that gave me the kit in the first place as he is the big fan and this should look not too bad in his office at work!!

337_zps7c99c5b3.jpg

343_zpsed956449.jpg

336_zps86aec680.jpg

Latest posts

Back