Hasegawa VF-1 Strike Valkyrie Battroid

tetsujin

Every year I try to get together a bunch of projects for SCGMC and other model shows I attend. I haven't really been working on those projects lately, though, and so even with a few months still before the show, I worry a bit with the amount of stuff I want to get done by then... But I've decided one of my projects this year will be this VF-1 Battroid - an old favorite kit of mine, which I once dubbed "the greatest injection-molded mecha kit of all time, space, and alternate dimensions"
strike_battroid_20230616_preview.jpg
Hiatus gonna hiate (147 days to SCGMC)

Neat. Isn't there a trick to help the kit balance while standing? I seem to remember there being a problem with that. Somebody mentioned that on the Starship Modeler forum, but that was a very long time ago and the owner wonders why nobody posts on that forum anymore while threads disappear after only a few months...

Yeah it seems a waste that SSM forum doesn't keep old threads around. That forum's been around for a long time, if they kept their old data, it could be an asset.

As for keeping the kit standing: I haven't built one of these with the FAST packs before, so it's a bit different - but when I built the regular battroid I felt it was actually pretty good at standing, due in part to the lightweight construction of the kit. But I'm probably going to put this one on a stand anyway.

Yeah it seems a waste that SSM forum doesn't keep old threads around. That forum's been around for a long time, if they kept their old data, it could be an asset.
If they kept their old data, the forum would have more people posting to it. Nobody likes starting a WIP thread, only to have it fall away because he didn't keep posting updates often enough. It's a real PITA. Whenever I have voiced my opinion, I am confronted with, "Well then why don't you pay to support the forum?" I don't think that would make any difference. Hell, I pay for my own website, stevethefish.net, and I pretty much get unlimited data. There is no server cap for me. Mine is just a personal website that doesn't get much traffic. If SSM's hosting throttles the site so much that mere kilobytes of data is a threat to the site, then I'm tempted to say that the owner is getting ripped off. Because since the images are always hosted off-site, any of these threads are mere kilobytes at the most.

Latest posts

Back