badger patriot 105 needles??

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
I have been using the needle that came with my patriot 105 and clumsy me dropped my airbrush today and bent the needle beyond repair and this was a need that I had already repaired so its safe to say there is no bringing this one back.

Luckily I have a spare needle I bought a while back. On the package it says its compatible with models 155, 200NH, 360, 105, and 3155. The needle does fit in my patriot but it is different in that the tip of the needle doesn't stick out as far past the tip of the brush as my original needle. I have not had time to try spraying anything yet since this happened 5 minutes ago and I have to go to work right now.

So my question is what is the difference and what would the model number be for the original needle that comes with the patriot?

the replacement I bought is model number 51-048

I posted this in another thread recently, so ignore the red circles as those are adaptable parts, which is what you bought and you should have bought the other parts to accompany it as well.

I think the needle number you want is above that, 51-81DT and it will fit your nozzle correctly. Otherwise, you may get some odd spray patterns with the set up you have now?

patriot_zpseb46ddb0.jpg

Mr. Natural,

As Ken mentioned, his original reply was to my post of similar nature. I dropped my brush as well and bent the needle. When I dropped mine and bent it, I ordered the new needle and nozzle. When I first changed my needle I had the same problem. I then took it apart and started looking at things. I took apart part numbers 51-043, 50-030, 50-044, 50-031, and 51-010. I put it all back together after not finding anything and for some reason it went back together like it should. It seemed I had to be a bit more forceful with the needle to get it through when putting it back together.

I will say it was recommended that I change the nozzle with the needle as it could have possibly got a hairline fracture when dropped as well. Originally I didnt put the new nozzle in when I had the problem of going out past the tip as much. When I changed the nozzle after taking it apart, it also went back to stock as it would be if you just bought it. So my suggestion is to take the back assembly apart and put the needle in to see if it goes back to like it should be and if not, then get a new nozzle, put it in and try again. With those two scenerios it should fix it.

You can also send it back to Badger to have it fixed back to stock. Badger will fix it basically for the cost of shipping. They have great customer service. Hope this mumble jumble helps lol.

If you are near a Micheals, they now carry the Patriot needle and complete assembly. it's around $15 with a coupon of course.

Ken-LOL, thanks man, you know, as I was driving to work I thought to myself "why didnnt I just look in the manual for the part number?" oh well. That sucks about the needle I bought though, I picked it up off amazon and it was not advertized that you need a different nozzle as well. Just my luck :p

Scott-I do have a micheal's near my house, I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks for the heads up!

You may not need the new nozzle. It was just recommended to me that I may want to pick up a new nozzle as well. Due to the fragileness of the needle and nozzle I guess they run hand in hand when dropping the airbrush. I cant answer for sure, just relaying valuable info that was given to me back when I encountered the same type of problem with my needle and this same airbrush. Hope you can get it figured out and fixed soon my friend. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back