Velocity and Patriot 105

hook1169

"220 221 Whatever it takes" - Mr. Mom , M. Keaton
Hi all. I am hoping someone here can help me. I made a semi rushed decision on the Badger Velocity AB and have since learned that it is a .21 needle and head after placing the order. Since i plan to use acrylics i think this will be an issue from what i have read to date. Does anyone know if you can purchase .3 - .5 needle and tips for this brush?

I think i may need to return and eat the restocking fee, and potentially order a patriot 105. As this seems to be the general consensus on a good all around brush for a beginner. Do you know if you can get finer and larger heads and needles for this brush as well?

I have spent all morning trying to find out this information but have been unsuccessful in my searches for a definitive and conclusive answer.

Thanks in advance.

After a bit more research and 'reflection' :-\ I have decided that I am going to keep the Velocity when it arrives and do my best with it, and should it be TOO fine of a spray for general use I will just purchase another brush for those needs. Since I am a first time user of an Airbrush I figure I have nothing to lose and I can only get better with practice.

But if anyone knows about those replacement tips and if they are interchangeable in size please let me know.

Ty.

Shouldn't really have a problem spraying acrylics though it. I have a H&S Infinity with a .15mm needle/nozzle, and I have sprayed Tamiya, Lifecolor and Vallejo through it with no problems at all.

The .21mm needle on the Velocity shouldn't have a problem either.

My current arsenal includes:
  • A Krome (same thing as the Velocity) with the stock "Ultra Fine" .21mm assembly
  • A Patriot with the stock "Fine" .25mm assembly
  • A Harder & Steenbeck Evolution with the 0.2mm assembly
I use acrylics exclusively... the notion that you need a gaping hole of a nozzle for them is an antiquated one. :)

Thanks for the info. I am pretty excited about getting my AB this week, if shipping goes smoothly.

Latest posts

Back