New Airbrush - Badger Patriot 105

adampolo13

Hey Fellas,

So the day finally came that I decided I needed a new airbrush. I have been using a Badger 200 series for the last 4 years. If your not familiar with it, its a single action bottle (bottom) feed internal mix brush. It has been a great first brush, especially when I wasn't building as many models as I have been lately. The biggest thing I noticed about it was the clean up. I really had to take the whole thing apart to get at all the nasty left over paint and then I had to clean up the bottles. That got easier when I started going from enamels to acrylics but it was still a huge hassle.

If you don't know, the Patriot is a gravity feed dual action brush. Well, my new badger arrived in the mail this evening and I wasted no time at all breaking it out. I did some test sprays on a piece of note card and then went to it on the M-ATV interior floor. I have to say it was unlike anything I've ever done before. After getting used to the pull back trigger I quickly realized that it is so much easier to lay down even coats of paint. The other thing that was so awesome was that when I noticed that the paint was getting very thick all i had to do was drop a little thinner in the cup. With the bottle feed I had to add thinner and mix it all over again. (And most of the time I had to go back and clean the internals out of the A.B. because they dried up as I was thinning the bottles.) The other amazing thing about the new brush is that it is so easy to clean out. All I had to do was run a little thinner through it, wipe it out with some paper towel, and whammo, nice and clean.

Last but not least you can find it many places online for 75 to 85 bucks!!! It is easily the best money I have spent on a piece of equipment yet. So, if you are looking for a great airbrush for under $100 go out and get this one. Seriously, you will not regret it!!!

Peace out!

I have to agree. I have a Patriot and use it all the time. I used a 150 for years and the Patriot is a nice step from that one...simply for the gravity feed alone.

Kewl.

I also agree with the new brush. I have one and it does make a world of difference.

im going to be Getting a Krome from AK works out to 129€ for me shiped ;D that said i have a 155 bottom feed and cleaning it is a bit painfull great brush tough and i will use it still when i get the Krome

Your 155 will be great for varnishes and future etc...

I have a Krome and still haven't tried it out. It's so nice and clean, hate to get it dirty. lol

lol i will for Primers it has the big jars so for big jobs it will be used :) and as scott has siad vanishes too :)

Well, in fact, not all 200 series are bottom feed.
I have two airbrushes, a Velocity and a 200G.
The 200G is a 200 series gravity feed airbrush, and I think it's great.
I use it for varnishes, base coats, primers etc.
The 200 series airbrushes are so good, that I can't stop using them.

I ordered a Patriot 105 yesterday through Amazon.com. If you apply for the Amazon Visa, you'll get a $30 gift card added in. TCP Global sells the 105 through Amazon for $69.36 plus $4.95 S&H. Subtract the $30 and I paid $44.31.

Miatatom said:
I ordered a Patriot 105 yesterday through Amazon.com. If you apply for the Amazon Visa, you'll get a $30 gift card added in. TCP Global sells the 105 through Amazon for $69.36 plus $4.95 S&H. Subtract the $30 and I paid $44.31.

Wow, that's a steal. You'll like it. Just got done a session using a Patriot.

Latest posts

Back