AZTEK airbrush problem

holdenmaniac

Hi guys,

This is a mercy message for my Aztek Airbrush! Can someone in the know please let me know why my Airbrush is pulsing the paint out. I have cleaned, looked at every thing, three times and it is starting to p me off. Thus the mercy cause it is on its way out the window.

I am lost can someone lead me in the right direction please.

Thanks
Jase

Been awhile since I used mine....much less to go wrong as far as cleaning goes with one of those vs a regular AB....

What is your air source? Do you have a water trap? Could be there is some water in the line, maybe causing a partial blockage, or something wrong with your air source. A single piston compressor will give you a pulsation effect if you don't have a regulator on it....but I assume you would have one of those at least.

At the moment I am using an air tank that I just refill and it is connected to the adjustable pressure gauge that has the water catcher attached.

Is been a year or so since I have used the gear due to work etc, and this system worked real well back then, thats why it is irking me so much. ::) ::)

I used to use a system like that as well.

Have you ever left the tank pressurized with air for long periods of time?

Air under pressure through cooling and heating of the tank can cause moisture to form inside the tank, which can find it's way into the hose system. Now with a water trap, that shouldn't be a problem, however the tank is steel, and what happens when water, steel and air meet? You get rust....could be you have a blockage of rust in your lines somewhere. With an Aztek, I just don't see how or why it would be pulsing, other than maybe a bend needle, but that would usually effect the spray of the paint, and not pulsate it.

Latest posts

Back