At this moment

Just having some coffee, and clearing the cobwebs. Putting mind to the next phase of building my display case of ego (as I know refer to it) ( a small cabinet with drawers and and a paint rack yadda yadda yadda for displaying modeling tools etc.) (I am using a bunch of scrap bits and pieces of left over wood from other projects to build it) which I am using as a project to keep my mind occupied while I sit here in limbo waiting on the immigration system (cough cough) to get off their backsides and get moving on our paper work, for my wife and son. (but that is a story for a different forum).

I am hoping to eventually get this cabinet done, and post some pictures up here, so I have something to share, it gets old, getting back into the hobby, then boxing everything up, thinking something else was going to happen, (back to immigration) and then seeing everything sit packed up. (about 3 dozen boxes of goodies and kits!) but not being able to play with it! :mad:

I may be stuck armchair modeling right now, but that hasn't stopped me from adding a couple of piece to the stash though :)

Going to lay a some new Concrete out the back. Let the back pain begin :'(

Looking out my hotel room window at the peak of Mt. Washington, and about to head out for VT to grab some Heady Topper, 2 more nights in the US of A.

well that sounds like more pain than i went trough today John

Ian said:
Where in VT?

The Alchemist brewery in Waterbury, usually the only place to get it. They can Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings, and are usually sold out by Friday afternoon, sometimes as early as Thursday. Supposed to be one of the best DIPA in the country. All I know is that the sample I had was superb!!

Yeah, didn't have much extra time today, basically there and back, and no real direct route. From here you hav e to go north to St. Johnsbury, then south to Montpelier, seemed odd, but apparently the fastest route according to Google Maps and my GPS.

Wicked T-storm here, rolling around the mountains here, lightning bouncing off the top of M.Washington....very cool sights!

getting back into modeling with the cooler season (this fat man doesn't sit in his damp basement in summer time!)
Upcoming projects :
-Finish the 1/6 Shearman
-1/32 Swordfish MK1
-Australian LAV 25 modified to the Canadian Coyote version
-1/350 Bismark
-and hopefully many more!!

Also, going to the Truro NS Hobby Show on Saturday, I'll take pics and make a post about it!!

rookie said:
Watching the final ashes test ( cricket ). The Aussies of to another dismal start ???. We've been well and truly outplayed the whole series. Lets hope we can turn it around this summer in Australia .

Not sure how many cricket fans we have here ( if any ) , but great to see the Aussies dominating the poms under a blazing 40 degree day in my home town . I feel the ashes will be returned to their rightfull owners within the next day or so. Well done lads !! ;D

PAIN!!!!!
LOTS OF PAIN!
I just had a PRP procedure on my Achilles Tendon......lots of pain!

Just bought the download for Rick Lawlers weathering dvd from miniature mentor. Also got their figure painting DVD. So at this moment I am watching anxiously as the files download....

Hope these are good, looking forward to learning me a thing or two.

I am impatiently waiting to hear back from CN Rail...already had 2 interviews, references and criminal check, waiting for medical and a job shadow day then it's byebye Military, Hello civie land!!!

Latest posts

Back