Army Vet's 1/35 scale Dragon Wagon

Whats going on everyone !!
Schweinhund227-I have to agree this kit is a dream .. The only thing I would like too do over on my build so far is the hinges on the loading ramps . The metal pins that ramps move on have to be fasten to the trailer using CA. I should have drilled out the contactpoints on the trailer and used longer pins. I will try to post a pic to show what im trying to say. I would like to see pics of your build .
Punkpigpen- Thanks for the welcome and for the comment on the diamond plate .. Trying to fix a mishap on it ..
Necronautdrummer- thank you for the tip on the CA de bonder .. I going to post some more pics tonight and the homemade PE bender will be one.
Panzerace007-Thanks for the tip on the acetone is that the same thing as nail polish remover :p and thank you for the comment on my diamiond plate..
myke - It would be a shame not to do anything with it i just have to find a base long enough to set it on the dragon wagon plus the stug ..

Thanks for thinking of me! I've held off on ordering a PE bender until I get a look at your acrylic DIY bender. My shop colleague has assured me that I can use any and all the leftover acrylic I want. Can't wait to see more on your modelling behemoth!

Hello everyone .
Here are some more pics of my build...
Start of the trailer feet
DSC01022.jpg
Here's a pic with the legs attached- they move up and down
DSC01025.jpg
Putting the wheels together
DSC01031.jpg
Pic of the tires- there are 8 total on the trailer. Does anyone know how to remove the seam that runs through the center of the tire? I believe they are made out of rubber or vinyl. Any tips would help.
DSC01035.jpg
Here is the running gear, the duce and a half wheels for scale
DSC01043.jpg
This is a pic of my homemade PE bender for necronaut drummer or anyone else who would like to see it
DSC01046.jpg

Thank you all for looking. I'm going out of town and won't have anything to post until Monday. Thanks- Lee

There is an easy way of doing it with a drill. Get your self a few nuts and washers big ones and a bolt put the tire in-between the bolts and washers and tighten it up get some sand paper and sand grown but be carful as too much pressure will wear the tire down all yo need is a quick spin to get rid of the seam.

Or there is the elbow grease way and that's not easy

Nice job on the trailer! You can hand sand the tires... The vinyl is very soft so go easy!

I will take a picture for ya! Of that towing attachment I was talking about earlier!

Later buddy!

Yup, same issue with the vinyl/rubber tires on my build. I didn't realize how much sanding I would need to do, though. Thanks for the tips, everyone!

And thanks for thinking of me, Army Vet! Question: is there a hinge on the back of your bender, or do you just unscrew to lift the top part to get the PE piece in?

Whats going on everyone !!
I just got back from 2 1/2 day camping trip . So i'm behind on my build .. I shouls have taken it with me rained the whole time ..
Thanks for the tips for sanding the tires .
Necronautdrummer- I drilled 2 holes through the acrylic and used 2 thumb screws to be able to loosen the top piece of acrylic to slide the PE under and re-tighten them down. Before I left I took a bunch of pictures and broke the PE bender down for you to make it easier to understand. I will post them later. Off to the bench...
HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!

- Lee

Hey eveyone !!
Not much progress on the build lately . Busy weekend and now i'm heading to Harrisburgh Pa and Maryland for work tomorrow . I was wondering if anyone knows of any hobbieshops in these areas .
1st stop is Cap City Mall in Pa
2nd stop is Annapolis mall Md
3 rd stop is Prince George mall in Hayattsville Md
4 th stop is Francis Scott Key mall in Frederick Md
Drummer I didnot forget about the PE bender Pics man I will post them when I get a chance.
Well hope to hit the bench soon .
Thanks everyone !
Lee

Lee! What's up?

Here are the pictures I promised you of my correction on the Dragon Wagon Towing tree
Situated at the back of the cabin.

Tamiya has moulded it in the Towing position like when it is attached to a disabled vehicle bumper!

But when you attach it to the cab the "eye" is not pointing in the right direction for the lock pin to secure the bracket to the cab!

A small razor saw is useful at severing the eye from the bracket and a 90 degree twist is all you need to do! And glue it back! Then a small piece of styrene is to be glued to the Cab where the pin is supposed to get slipped back to secure the whole thing to the Cab!

I know, lots of Blah blah.......

Here are the shots I promised!

4d28a0f0.jpg

a3bb456f.jpg

9a8e2051.jpg

7ca85b3d.jpg

eb52922e.jpg

Take care!

Great looking kit Lee and I like the idea of putting a German tank onboard.

Looking forward to watching it progress

Hey everyone !!
Sorry i have not posted in a long while workhas picked up hard core for me ! I work at malls all over the United States and with the holidays comming im busy as heck . I am a truck driver / tech and the company i work for services the kiddie rides in malls so if you have a mall buy your house and it has a platform with like 5 or so kiddie rides on it I deliver / service them ..
Thank you all for the comments so far and Schweinhund thank you for the pics i will check them out .
Thanks again
Lee

Know exactly how it is Lee. I'm very busy this time of year too (c'mon January!!!). It's either squeeze in an hour of modelling each evening or catch up in here. Tonight it's the latter. As much as we're all enjoying your build, there's no rush Lee. Take your time and have fun with it!!

:eek: :eek: I have wanted a 1/35 DW for along time., can I ask where did you get it? "schweinhund227" If you can't answer in this open forum PM me.

Oh my man that's a good question! I won my first one! In a draw! Back In 2000! Built it and never finished it! Been on my shelf for 11 years!

My second one, I shipped to the Netherlands for 0$. Gave it to some poor soul! Yeah! Crazy!
Now he is a real good friend! LOL

They used to be 200$. I think they came down in price! Since then, It is a joy to put together
That's what I remember from it!

And what is nice, there is a 'soft cab' conversion kit out, so you can make the later variant used post war! If I buy a M25 tractor alone..... I might convert it!

Keep looking they are still available!

Latest posts

Back