Army Vet's 1/35 scale Dragon Wagon

ARMY VET ,

Welcome to th HERD I'm glad you could join th G.B. ! Th More th Merrier !!

Great Subject !! I'm lookin' forward to th Build !!

Awesome kit Vet, if you dont mind me asking how much was the kit because I know it has gone up in price at a major model chain in England recently, always feel like we get a pretty crappy deal,

Incredible photo Spud, that would make quite the project, nice dio set up.

Alan.

Alan I've seen this kit for 116 on emodels and the famo version for 125. emodels also seem tobe really cheap

Whats up everyone !!!
Panzerace- thank you for the welcome..
Spud - That's a crazy pic .. Im with fumblethumbs ! My dog would be S.O.L :p ! I wonder how they got that thing over the tires with out blowing them out ?
Alfonzo - I purchased the kit about 2 years ago I think it has been in the stash for awhile but I got it for about $110.00 or so. Even just the tractor is expensive kit to buy . It was just one of those days where I treated my self . I dont do that to often .. I would love to have the FAMO .
I went from building the tractor to starting with the trailer .. I think it was Spud that gave me the advice for that which I think was great ... To give me incentive to finish the whole thing . Give me a few and I will have the pics up
thank you all !
Lee

Here are some pics of the trailer.
DSC00973.jpg
DSC00976.jpg
Trying to show that the loading ramps move up and down.
DSC01020.jpg
DSC01018.jpg
Now for the steps on the side/fenders, they had photo etched diamond plate or tread plate
DSC00979.jpg
DSC00991.jpg
DSC01001.jpg
DSC01013.jpg
DSC01014.jpg
This is my progress so far- hope you all enjoy! Any feedback is welcome. Thank you all and I'm off to the bench.

yep the idea was mine :) looks like you have a good start on the reat end.

i also thing there is covers for the wheels but i could be wrong. if there is that would explain how they dint pop the tires

Nice work Army Vet .... I like the steps ...very neat ;).

Most lowloaders have drop down feet in the back ,which takes the weight off the tyres when loading heavy machines ,also stops the trailer trying to tip up ;)

Chris.

Great looking kit and great work on it. This has about 1.2billion diorama possibilities as well. I'll be following this closely as I would love to build one of these in the future.

Whats up guys !!
NecronautDrummer- The PE bender Is a great tool .. before I got it I used a razor blade to bend my PE parts I then made a a PE bender out of plexi glass it work great as well .. I can post a pic of it if you would like to see it .. The one in the pic is from a company called The Small Shop I got it as a gift ..
Fumblethumbs - Thanks .. The fender on the left i glued my finger to so there is a print in it I hope that primer and paint will hide it . Do you know of anything tha will get superglue off of PE??
Myke - Thanks for the kind words .. This might sound lame .. But I think Im going to put it on a wood base and for ground work was thinking a section of street with debris around pulling a stug or something on to the trailer . Thats my plan for now . Most likely it will change like you said sooo many possibilities.. Its also alot of model to work with this thing is on the big side..
Thanks you all!!
Lee

I'm almost positive that, like an accelerator for CA glue, you can get a CA de-bonder. I can't remember who makes the purple bottles of CA that everyone seems to have, but I'm sure they also make the de-bonding fluid. Should do the trick on the fingerprint.
BTW, I wouldn't mind seeing your acrylic PE bender. The shop at the school I work at has tons of acrylic sheet laying around and going to waste (kids used to do some small acrylic shop projects such as lamp bases and solid pencil cases).

ARMY VET ,

Great lookin Steps & trailer ! That Diamond Plate looks fantastic !!!

Regarding the CA Fingerprint trick .... I've used Acetone to remove super glue . It's th main ingredient in the De-Bonder. Save a few $$ - run down to th hard ware store & grab of bottle of Acetone !! Try dabbing it first .... you don't want to flood th area & De-Bond th fender ! :eek:

That kit is so well engineered.... Tamiya made us Proud !!! it went together like a charm..

Maybe I should revisit mine... beein in a Box since 2000 !!! what a shame... painted and never finished it...

Don't know why ?

Take care and hey ! ENJOY the kit..

Back