Airfix 1/72 Me109G-6

TheJackal

A nice little kit I bought to go with the Spitfire. Not the same level of detail as the Spitfire but goes together nicely. It's more to practice my airbrushing and camo.
5sf0j.jpg

Ah, G6/R6 :))
I recommend you William Greens "The Augsburg Eagle" Book. It contains very very very very.... much colour-schemes from B to K Type. Most of my 109s painted from this patterns. Colour Schemes are personalized, so you can paint your Messerschmitt very exactly including some swiss, romanian, finnish or hungarians. Regard the example below

[attachment deleted by admin]

AWESOME!

the BF-109G-6 was by far the most Numerous variant, they made thousands of them, they had a newer engine that had more power. however at a cost, if i where a German pilot and had a choice of a BF-109 and did not have the choice of my favorite variant the BF-109G-10 i would choose the G-2 or later F variant instead, they where lighter and had a cleaner design

the BF-109G-6 was slightly heavier, and had plenty of aerodynamic compromises, German Pilots i believe often called in the Boil because of all the breaches and boils all over from gun emplacements and such, which reduced performance at high speeds, but it was still a good fighter none the less, and low speed agility was not too far from the other 109s i think....

Latest posts

Back