air pressure

noname

Hey folks, up until now I've been using an old Pasche airbrush with a little compressor that has no control for air pressure. I finally got a hose with fittings and moisture trap straight from Badger so I can finally try one of my nice Badger airbrushes with my bigger compressor. Just looking for some ideas of what pressure I should start with for spraying Tamiya and Badger Flex paints. Thanks in advance.

Hey Buddy...great news you are getting up and running!! 8) I can only offer you my opinion! ::) I would say between 15 and 20psi unless you are thinned out and then you will want to dial it down a bit! I run both a Pasche and Badger both around 15-18 normally. With the Badger paints, I take that down to between 12-15 and then Alclad...10-12 if you are lucky ;)
Final answer.....15-18 for starters!! Hope this helps some!!! ;D

Thanks TRM, that is a help. Now if only I had a good place to paint. I'll have to go light a fire in the shed when I get a chance. ;)

TRM said:
Hey Buddy...great news you are getting up and running!! 8) I can only offer you my opinion! ::) I would say between 15 and 20psi unless you are thinned out and then you will want to dial it down a bit! I run both a Pasche and Badger both around 15-18 normally. With the Badger paints, I take that down to between 12-15 and then Alclad...10-12 if you are lucky ;)
Final answer.....15-18 for starters!! Hope this helps some!!! ;D

I bought myself a Badger Christmas eve, and this info was golden!

thanks ;)

Latest posts

Back