Afrika Tiger

Wouter

Here I am again ;D

while I'm both building a Pz38(t) and doing the wrecked jagdpanzer, I decided to continue a build of mine which was stalled in May 2012. In 2011 I build a Tiger located in the African Theatre...I won some golds at different shows with the naked build and this is how she looked:
IMG_3309.jpg

won Silver at Modelforce 2011
Things went wrong during the primerstage and I wanted to strip the paint using oven cleaner...disaster struck however and it dissolved the CA glue and lots of parts were lost.

I decided to have another go at an African kitty using Dragons Initial Tiger I kit 6600 this time and convert it to a later model Tiger.
This is how she stands so far
AfrikaTiger10.jpg

AfrikaTiger31.jpg

AfrikaTiger32.jpg

AfrikaTiger33.jpg

AfrikaTiger37.jpg

AfrikaTiger40.jpg

AfrikaTiger42.jpg

AfrikaTiger43.jpg

AfrikaTiger45.jpg

AfrikaTiger46.jpg

AfrikaTiger47.jpg

AfrikaTiger48.jpg

AfrikaTiger49.jpg

AfrikaTiger51.jpg

Did a bit more today on the turret roof but no shots yet

Cheers

WOUTER ,

Yeah Brotha' ! That's what I'm talkin' about ! Super Clean build !! Rockin' ! Lookin forward to th paint & weathering !

\m/

Hi Wouts!!! Ya know I love this one!!! Get this painted and dirty my friend!!! ;)

wowee, nice to have such great response!!! :eek: Thanks a lot fellas, means a lot to me :)

hummingbird, sure you may ask. Those are part of the Feifel filter gear. Basically the inside pipes draw air into the filter system before the air goes into the engine compartment. This was especially necessary in the dusty African environment. Later on the Germans introduced a simpler single chamber Feifel filter (as you can see each of the Feifels here has two chambers) before it was discarded completely

Cheers

Hi ya Wouter :)

More lovely Bling Bling work ;D you like your shiney bits dont you ;D Looks great mate ,another winner me thinks ;)

Chris.

Hiya CS, I do like some Bling indeed ;D, thanks for the confidence mate :)

well, finally a small update.

I decided to spray the interior of the turret Flat Black. Initially I wanted to give it a coat of off white and weather it, but since pretty much nothing of it will be seen I decided to drop that idea.
AfrikaTiger52_zps20fe5854.jpg

Now there's one thing which is a bit of a mistake on Dragons early style drum cupola's. If you don't sand down the sticking out bits (I seriously don't know how to call them, not even in my native language ;D) which slot in the turret roof, you'll end up with a gap between the roof and cupola, as seen on this photo of my first ever Tiger
AfrikaTiger53bis_zps22a71d08.jpg

I marked the bits to be sanded down with some arrows...they ain't very tight looking since I don't know how to do that in Photoshop Elements :p
AfrikaTiger53_zps2def029a.jpg

After that I started with the turret roof. gave the loaders hatch some etch detail. And I drilled out the hinges so the hatch is workeable. Turret fan cover got some detail as well.
AfrikaTiger54_zpsf1b61c52.jpg

AfrikaTiger55_zps4ab67642.jpg

I also drilled two holes on each side of the roof, I'll be slotting the wiring for the smoke mines into it.
AfrikaTiger56_zps3681800a.jpg

Well, that's all for now

Cheers

Latest posts

Back