Acrylic Clear Coat

Biskup

Just wanted to ask you for you’re opinion about Acrylic Clear Coats. Which one is the best in your opinion?
Thanks for any information on that.
Regards
Lukasz

Future Floor wax, maybe called Pledge with Future is pretty good.

Any of the Vallejo varnishes are the cat's behind as well.

ELM CITY ,

Are those Vallejo Acrylic Clears like the Black Primer -Do they go from th Bottle to th Cup ( in th airbrush ) ?

As Sunsanvil said...yes they do. I just wish they would make them in a slightly larger bottle...hmm another e-mail request I should send off to Alex!

So, Their Matte & Satin work th same way ? WoW ! Give it up to Vallejo. They have recently just Knocked Me on My ear ..... 1st th Black Urethane Primer, then th Ink washes & Now th Clear coats !!! WoW !!! I just might give up Oil Paint( for washes ), & trying to use Poly-S (red label) & Testors Acryl Flat Clears all together !!

Thanks for all the information. Will just have to give them a try.
Regards
Lukasz

Elm City,
Just wondering a couple of things. I know this is the satin varnish but is this the stuff you are referring to?
And if so, do you thin it for airbrushing? Or do they make a Model Air version?
cheers,
FW190

[attachment deleted by admin]

That is one of them, the labels on the bottle have changed, and they have a black cap now, but its all the same thing:

Vallejo #510 Gloss Varnish
Vallejo #520 Matt Varnish
Vallejo #522 Satin Varnish (Satin is the same as Semi-Gloss, just one of those glass half empty/full things)

They are all good to go right out of the bottle to airbrush.

At one time, Vallejo had a Gloss, Matt and Satin in both the Model Color and the Air Color, both products were in fact the same in the bottle, and as such Vallejo has now done away with the versions in the Air Color line, and then re-labeled the ones in the Model Color line. In the end, all the same thing.

Thanks for that reply Elm City. I am off to order some. Hope I can find it down here ......
Good topic Biskup. Thanks.
cheers,
FW190

Latest posts

Back