About Black Aerosol can primer

CY343491

Hi,
I can't find black aerosol can (automotive type) primer where i live, i see that there are some products in US like Rusteloum, but there are only grey and transparent primer options in my country. I have transparent primer, black acrylic aerosol can paint, do you think is it suitable to coat my black paint with my transparent primer? Below you can see my transparent primer;

Plastic Primer.jpeg

Do you mean, is it ok to paint over your transparent primer with your black paint?

Yes.

Do you mean, is it ok to paint over your transparent primer with your black paint?

Yes.
Yes, problem is that i can't find black Primer, so i want to first paint black then apply transparent Primer and then spray my base coat on my primed model

Upper coat of black paint won't act as primer at all? Do you have any alternative idea?
I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to do.

You have a plastic surface, and you want to spray black paint on it, and then a coat of transparent primer, and then spray color over that? I’m not sure why…but a primer’s function (one of them) is to adhere better to the surface than your paint can, so your paint can then adhere to the primer better than it would to an untreated surface. In your case the primer’s adhesion will only be as good as the paint black paint’s you sprayed underneath it, which won’t be very good. So it’s just a layer of clear in between your colors.

If you want a black surface underneath whatever color you want to apply, then spray on the primer first, followed by a black color coat, followed by your color of choice. Give each coat adequate time to cure.

If you want a black surface underneath whatever color you want to apply, then spray on the primer first, followed by a black color coat, followed by your color of choice. Give each coat adequate time to cure.
You think that way will it act like primer?

You think that way will it act like primer?
Your clear primer is a primer, so as long as it’s applied directly to the unpainted surface then it will do it’s job as a primer.

Any subsequent paint layers will adhere better to a primer or other another color better than an untreated surface.

People do this a lot with metal paints - a gloss black coat (polished) on top of their primer can make hi-shine metal colors such as chromes come out great.

Your clear primer is a primer, so as long as it’s applied directly to the unpainted surface then it will do it’s job as a primer.

Any subsequent paint layers will adhere better to a primer or other another color better than an untreated surface.

People do this a lot with metal paints - a gloss black coat (polished) on top of their primer can make hi-shine metal colors such as chromes come out great.
Thanks bro

Latest posts

Back