About Rubber black color

CY343491

I'm searching on realistic rubber black paint, tried Tamiya XF-1, XF-85, both didn't satisfy me, doesn't look like real rubber at all. I've seen that AK offers rubber black paint but i can't reach AK paints where i live. I'm sure there are proffesional automobile builders which are specialized on these things. Anyone knows how can i mix paints to get perfect rubber color? I can use every paint not dependant to modeling paints, even craft store paints will be ok, names of the colors will do the job. Thanks.

Yeah, black is a little too dark for scale use.
I use Tamiya's NATO black for black rubber, because to me, it looks better in scale for black rubber. It's a charcoal gray color.
It's also good for uniforms, like the German Panzer crew uniforms, or earlier subjects, like the Black Brunswickers in the Napoleonic Wars. You can use charcoal gray as the basic color, darken it with black for shadows, and lighten it with a little light gray, or with shades like siena or ochre, for highlights.
You've said Tamiya is hard for you to get in Turkey, but think about the color instead, charcoal gray, and look for shades like that. Try one and you can decide for yourself if it looks better for black in scale.

Nowadays i can reach tamiya paints. I also like xf-69, but i mostly use it on my hulls, camos, everywhere. I have large amount of anthracite gray which is similar to charcoal gray but both looks so greyish for rubber i think, some things must be mixed

I'm searching on realistic rubber black paint, tried Tamiya XF-1, XF-85, both didn't satisfy me, doesn't look like real rubber at all. I've seen that AK offers rubber black paint but i can't reach AK paints where i live. I'm sure there are proffesional automobile builders which are specialized on these things. Anyone knows how can i mix paints to get perfect rubber color? I can use every paint not dependant to modeling paints, even craft store paints will be ok, names of the colors will do the job. Thanks.
I use Vallejo panzer ace. Happy with it.
Pantherman

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230616_130620_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230616_130620_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 4
I use German Grey for WW2 subject tires. NATO Black is fine as well. Mission Models have 2 shades of tires black - Tire Black 1 and Worn Black Grey Tires/Camo

Have you tried Testors flat rubber enamel? it has a slight brownish tone. I used it as a wash on rubber tires and it looked very realistic.

Thanks, do you know the code dude? Which base coat do you use before washing?
Testors 1183TT. Matte rubber enamel. Painted it over a base of clear acrylic on black rubber tires on the Christine model car. Thinned with a little mineral spirits IIRC.

Latest posts

Back