About Viridian color

CY343491

Hi,
Most of the armored vehicles have armored glasses which have mixture of blue and green tone, i can't get the exact tone by mixing clear paints on market. Do you know any brand which produce acrylic transparent viridian paint? There are viridian colored inks but i can't stick them on clear plastic surface because of surface tension no matter what i do.

What happened to mixing the ink with a binder ?
You mean mixing with acrylic varnish? Didn't work for me, i couldn't use tamiya or gunze acrylic clear because of their acrylic-lacquer hybrid characteristic, so i used pure water based craft store acrylic varnish. MyI inks are water based.

Really thanks for chemisry info, i saw my lack of knowledge. So i have tamiya x-22 clear, do you think that it will dissolve my water based inks with no harm on ink itself?

Main problem: there's no pledge future in my country
Secondary: Tried another branded floor care, it's yellow colored and doesn't shine the surface at all.

I will just try to vehicle pigments again and write results.

I was so hopeful, i've just tried floor care on aluminum foil but didn't work out, got better results on sanded rough surface, it carries pigments but can not break surface tension;
Ink on aluminum foil.jpeg

You're painting entire sheets of foil ?
with an airbrush of course .

How bout a drop of the colored acrylic onto the tiny piece of foil you're actually using then let that dry , repeat as necessary to build color .

You don't need the foil .
paint the backside of the clear part with an iridescent white pearl or silver , or metallic silver then apply the colored clear on the front side ,

You don't need the foil .
paint the backside of the clear part with an iridescent white or silver , or metallic silver then apply the colored clear on the front side ,
For tanks and IFVs it is ok (clear parts will also act like aluminum foil) but for the armored cars which have interior, i have to paint clear parts with transparent paint.

You're painting entire sheets of foil ?
with an airbrush of course .

How bout a drop of the colored acrylic onto the tiny piece of foil you're actually using then let that dry , repeat as necessary to build color .
I prepare foils in different shades of colors in A4 sizes, store them in my folder and use them when i need. But can't get transparent viridian color.

I'm drowning in details so much so my projects lasts months. Also i'm not a well experienced modeler, there's so many things to learn for me.
You’re obsessing too much on details. With armored glass, you need not be spot on accurate. Simply airbrush Tamiya CLEAR BLUE then with thinner, overthin Tamiya CLEAR GREEN and spray on top of it. You should get the look - close to it that you’re looking for. Test on a scrap piece of clear until you find that shade you’re looking for. Skip the foil.

Remember… this is suppose to be a relaxing hobby, not a stressful one.

You’re obsessing too much on details. With armored glass, you need not be spot on accurate. Simply airbrush Tamiya CLEAR BLUE then with thinner, overthin Tamiya CLEAR GREEN and spray on top of it. You should get the look - close to it that you’re looking for. Test on a scrap piece of clear until you find that shade you’re looking for. Skip the foil.

Remember… this is suppose to be a relaxing hobby, not a stressful one.
Don't you mix your paints in cups, do you apply them layer by layer? My last idea was mixing about %30 clear blue, %55 clear green and %15 X-22 clear varnish. Planning to use varnish to dillute the pigmentation of the paint. When i overthin paint it makes enermous spider webs on shiny surface.

Don't you mix your paints in cups, do you apply them layer by layer? My last idea was mixing about %30 clear blue, %55 clear green and %15 X-22 clear varnish. Planning to use varnish to dillute the pigmentation of the paint. When i overthin paint it makes enermous spider webs on shiny surface.
No. I very rarely mix my own colors since I have a large paint stash of different colors and brands.

Latest posts

Back