2012 BSC - Questions

I wanted to put a plug in for Badger as they are so generous. I recently, finally got to try one of my Badger airbrushes. It worked like a charm, no problems what-so-ever. Very well made and easy to use. I also have to say that the Model Flex paints are a pleasure to use. They spray great right out of the bottle. Nice flat finish and no stink as with Tamiya. The Weathering and Grimmy black can be used for pre shading, dead/burnt paint, tires, etc. The earth tones make very good dust/mud effects and the greens stand in very well for Allied military vehicles or Axis camo etc. Hard to believe that anyone who just participates could end up with a set of paints.

Considering this and the fact we are helping Djenise and the SMA site, I would say the $5 is an awesome bargain. ;D

lol you must have a verny sensitve noes to say you think tamiya paint stinks.

Spud, yes I do. Not that Tamiya doesn't work nice cause it does. But if you read the bottle, you'll see it says "do not inhale vapours". So I always appreciate non toxic model supplies. ;D

lol i think it smells ok :) mabe i sniffed tamiya paints in a past life ;D

spud said:
lol i think it smells ok :) mabe i sniffed tamiya paints in a past life ;D

128694225979467474.jpg

sorry I could not help myself ! LOL

Sooooo cool

i cant wait to start it was fun time last year!!!!

just got to find something to build

Red leader standing by!!

oh almost forgot the most important question !!

Do we get to see Grendels lovely assistant this year ??

:p

Lol no she is for his eyes only ... Jammy git ;D but im sure when she can and is able to come on mabe she will,

i am doing a aircraft and i was wandering if i could enter the same model in the aircraft, and the junior's category?

If we are doing a diorama based around a model (like an LVT-4), do all elements of the diorama need to be I started? So like if I were to have an unstarted LVT, figures, and cargo...but I wanted to add a structure that might be already assembled (it actually came that way), would that be alright??

THE NEW ONE said:
i am doing a aircraft and i was wandering if i could enter the same model in the aircraft, and the junior's category?

You can only enter the same kit in one category.

Jeeves said:
If we are doing a diorama based around a model (like an LVT-4), do all elements of the diorama need to be I started? So like if I were to have an unstarted LVT, figures, and cargo...but I wanted to add a structure that might be already assembled (it actually came that way), would that be alright??

All elements need to be unstarted. When you say it 'came that way'; I'd have to get more info. It is a kit, did someone else build it, does it come assembled and requires paint only...posting a picture would help, or PM me with a pic.

If you check out my USMC Sherman Tarawa thread in the Diorama section, there is a Japanese pillbox on the base...Masterpiece Models mistakenly sent me the 1/35 one instead of the 1/48...but let me keep both. It came as you see it...one piece.

The one hitch is that while I was painting the 1/48 one, I figured I'd save work later and paint them both at the same time...but other than that, it is untouched. I bought the LVT-4 and a couple sets of figures so I could have it loaded with a Howitzer moving past the pillbox. I was hoping to build the LVT, Howitzer, figures, and base for the contest and then weather the heck out of the pillbox and add it in, but you kind of answered already I guess...I can't enter it now. It would have been a pretty epic build though!

Yeah, we have to keep everyone on the same playing field. So if it's already been worked on, to any degree, it is ineligible.

Scott,

Forgot to ask this one... what If a kit had figure included, and I made a simple base with terrain or trees stuff like that would it fall into Diorama Category or it would fall into the category that I've entered? Since some of the kits have figures included.

Thanks!!!

P.S
Perhaps Grendels would have another assistant that is free to show the prizes :-X ;D

If a kit had a figure included, and you made a simple base with terrain or trees stuff like that would it fall into Diorama Category.

how many entries are allowed per catergory? would i be able to enter 2 into one catergory? it's probably been mentioned somewhere but might of missed it. :)

Scott Girvan said:
If a kit had a figure included, and you made a simple base with terrain or trees stuff like that would it fall into Diorama Category.

Am I the only builder who always base his models? I just think it adds that final touch to the model.

When I asked about dioramas last year I was told that, if it showed a story, then it was a diorama. I think this was a good way of doing it. Placing a tank on a base with a bit of sand and grass isn't really, in my eyes, a diorama. Placing it on a base with attending ground crew doing repairs - now, that would be a diorama.

Your call, of course. I'm just a bit bummed that I might have to leave all my builds "unfinished" or enter them all into the diorama category...

Ha!

"All"...

I should probably be glad to finish just one... ;D

Latest posts

Back