2012 BSC - Questions

If we look at the categories that were the same this year as last, we had 76 last year.

Last year there were more overall, however the difference is the ALL OPEN - we did have it this year, but I didn't make a big announcement other than an email to members.

OK - with the exception of 4 builds (waiting on correct image links) all entries are posted.

If there are mistakes, let me know. I'll be online most of the evening.

So there are 81 and not 85 final entries?

I am blown away by the number of Sci-fi entries that year. A lot of cool models!

Fantastic turnout, what a lot of talented people we have here! Well done to everyone that entered and to Scott and the SMA staff for organising it! Good luck :D

I agree. There are some really nice builds. Be sure to take some time over the next week and check them all out. Voting will begin next Monday - the 9th.

Can't wait for next monday! These are all fantastic, great work by all!

However, I can't see my youtube vid on my final entry, but then I can't see any vids anywhere else in todays final posts, there are 1 or 2 in the "early bird" posts though.

YES! Some great work here!!!

Ok....so why are there so many entries in the All-Open category that clearly belong in other categories? Isn't the purpose of All-Open for those entries that don't fit neatly into the other categories?? I mean, I get that someone may want to enter say a plane or a tank or a spaceship in all-open to 'improve' their chances of votes...what gives? Help me understand...

'All open' is for models that were started and/or completed before the start date of the contest.

Ken Abrams said:
'All open' is for models that were started and/or completed before the start date of the contest.

And they do not qualify for Best of Show. And only the first place winner gets a prize. No 2nd, 3rd place.

Latest posts

Back