200mm WWII Dio, Figures and Bikes

Alrighty then, I think this beemer can be set aside until the final weathering and detailing. I attached everything but the side storage box and speedo glass, decals, etc. The weathering with pigments on the pipes was pretty much muted with the Dull Coat, but I can fix that easy and maker er just as perty as she was before. Time to start working over the figures and figure out the base.

Thx for watchin, Ski.

_DSC1350b_zps71469146.jpg

_DSC1351b_zps9ed1552d.jpg

_DSC1353b_zps29ee8e5f.jpg

_DSC1355b_zps79899a39.jpg

Both bikes look Brilliant Steve :) Love the old Harley ,fancy doing one of them ..sometime . Looking forward to the figs ;D

Chris.

Thx Guys,

I think the real fun part will be the weathering, but I need to work over the resin figure and get that going. I'll be updating soon and thx again for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. I expect to put Rinaldi's OPR to work on both of these rigs, should bring them to life rather nicely.

Over Ambition!!!

Talk about over ambition, well I sure did. After laying out the two bikes and figures for a basic overview it has become quite apparent to me, and my wife, that I have overstepped my bounds and can not include them all on one base. I know, I know, call me late for supper, but I sure the heck was gonna try. At the 200mm scale it's a bit of an over task to try to pull this off unless I make a curio cabinet specifically for this HUGE dio. The Mrs. would have my head on a platter, to say the least.

So, what's the solution? Two vignettes, simple enough, right? Now I have two vignettes vs. one big huge dio. There was just no way to include everything I wanted and keep a proper perspective, distance and conveyance of reality. Nothing wrong with thinking big, but reality sets in and it can be a bummer. I now have a basic layout for each set of figures and rigs and will continue on with both at roughly the same time.

After doing some research I have found some really cool pics everyone may find useful if the desire for more reference pics of decaying structures is down your alley. I can still incorporate Chuck Doan's method of weathered wood and realistic structures (building materials) keeping in step with the reality of Normandy style barns, cottages, etc. Check em out if you wish, great pics of the real deal.

kathydalwood.blogspot.com/2013/02/collapsing-cottages-normandy.html

I'm continuing on with the figures right now; the bikes are behind glass for safe keeping. I'll post pics as soon as I get further along in the oiler process.

Thx for watching Guys. Cheers, Ski.

Sorry Bros, been asleep at the wheel, lol. No, acutally spring is springin and outside work is pickin up pace, but I did keep the faith and get some paint sniffin in lately. Here's a sneak peak from the figure department. Hollar is ya see any area needing attention, please. Thx for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. The work bench is not my photo bench, so some of these pics may be a bit dark.

_DSC1371b_zps03a39213.jpg

_DSC1377b_zps5cebc411.jpg

The eyes will be redone as well as a 5 Oclock shadow added later.

_DSC1379b_zpse8cd0fa4.jpg

_DSC1375b_zps38e2ef60.jpg

Well, after messing with the eyes so many times I think I'm close. I also added the 5 O'clock shadow and some minor red-eye to add life to them. I may still need some touch-up around the eyes, but that will be taken care of when it's completely dried.

Thx for watchin. Cheers, Ski.

_DSC1425b_zps4cec0430.jpg

_DSC1423n_zpsa3fef50a.jpg

_DSC1421b_zps8c5c3bb9.jpg

Thx Gee, and sorry for the delayed response. In a few days I can go back and reline the eyes, etc.

Thx for watchin. Cheers, Ski.

Howdy Gents,

Well, spring has finally sprung up here in the Great White North, so the model bunker is now officially closed for the summer, unless of course I can sneak past the gate guard on occasion. Just how it goes livin in the boonies, hope all winter for summer time just to get ready for winter again, lol.

At any rate, I did receive a new head for that pathetic vinyl figure, BMW rider, and I will start that reconfiguration when I can. I'm using Verlinden's 200mm bust kit #1317 "The Grunt, Vietnam" for the head change out. I did the full figure in my vignette "Iron Triangle", so I'm no stranger to this figure or it's features. Also pictured is the fourth figure I have decided to include in this fiasco.

I'll post more updates if I can get em in between outside work and regular work.

Cheers for now, Ski.

Got back into the bunker for a bit more figure work recently, so here goes. I'm not happy with the first head's eyes just yet, but working it now. The second is in the works with the third primed and ready to go. More to follow soon.

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. Sorry for the crummy pics, workin that too, lol.

A bit of an overdue update, but here's a few pics of what's transpired with a few sneaks into the bunker. Snow fly is promised to be early this year, so I'm itchin to get after it.

I'm working one of the German figures and have layed out the camo pattern, so please comment if you see that it's too tight, or needs work. Yall know I'm not above fixing it if it needs it, so serious criticism is requested. Since my inet has been so crappy lately I've had to rely on reference material on hand, Osprey books, not bad, works ok I recon.

Thx for watching. Cheers, Ski. :mrgreen:

I'm using Tamiya's Dessert Yellow XF-59, Nato Brown XF-68 and OD green XF-58 for the pattern. :mrgreen:

Nice work Ski, coming along nicely, camo looks good

Is it me 0r does the face on the left look like one of the Baldwin brothers?

Thx Bro, but no, I'd never give them guys the satisfaction of emulation, lol. Bahahahaaaaaaaaaaa ;D

I'll post some updates on the faces soon, but right now it's a camo affair, gotta get these guys ready for the big game, the base and bikes.

Thx Bro, Ski.

Here's a quick snap of the head work. Still more to go, but working the figures is in order to keep moving along. Comments welcome and holler if yall see anything needing attention.

Thx for watching. Cheers, Ski.

Latest posts

Back