200mm WWII Dio, Figures and Bikes

Talk about biting off more than you can chew, or eating crow, ya buddy! I ain't ready to pass off the salt just yet, this is gonna be a biggin, and I'll munch a few birds to make this one happen, period!

I did an initial layout configuration just to see what I was dealing with and found it will pretty much take up the entire photo bench, Yikes!

Oh boy, gotta think this one thru thoroughly. Not that it can't be done, mind you, it can. I really need to study the dimensions and plan the structures carefully to bring out the figures and bikes, along with the veggies, of course. So, this is what we have so far, comments if you please, and don't be shy and thanks for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

Don't be fooled, these are 200mm figs and bikes.

P.S. Finally got the bunker fired up and ready for the snow fly. It's time to keep sniffin paint and gluin them fingers together consistently and persistently!

Thx for checkin in Buddy, hope your Christmas was great too.

Good call, been working figure #3 and almost done, so your timing couldn't have been better. Just a few more details and a dull coat and I'll be posting pics, hopefully by the end of the week. I'm anxious to get this one done, but I have to tag the breaks and make sure I don't miss anything.

Thx for the kind words my friend. Cheers, Ski.

Been a bit, but figure #3 is finished until the base is complete, then weathering, etc. Hope yall like it and thx for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

Oh yeah...you've been busy.
Really like the torn pants and all over weathering on #3
Dusty helmut is right on!!
Looks great Steve
All the best in 2015
Cheers

Thx Cargoman, sorry for the delay, ;D

I spent almost all day working fig #5, still more to get done, but just in case yall thought I was slackin, lol.

Thx for watchn. Cheers, Ski.

P.S. That splinter pattern was a bugger, lol.

Thx Bro, but what a pain in the tuckus!! More to follow soon, bunker time today, Youza Baby!

Cheers, Ski.

Hey, thx for checkin in Bro. Figure #4 is just about complete, just waiting for the oils to dry, then some Dull Coat and touch up before on to #5. Posting pics soon. Thx again Bro.

Cheers, Ski.

Finally finished figure #4, Verlinden Productions #2427, German Panzergrenadier Machine Gunner, Super Scale 200mm.

I used another head From ReeDees Miniatures, set HS-09-01, a much better selection from what came with the kit. Great work once again Stevo!

Weathering and final touches will be added once all the figures are set to the base, but for now, he's in the cabinet awaiting further orders, lol. All comments welcome and thx for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

Thx Bro, and thx for checkin in. This face was a pain in the hind qtr, (it was pissin me off for a long time), scrubbed 4x's until it just barely hit the mark. I've never experienced such a situation with a figure head to date, just this one for some reason. Not exactly my favorite, but it'll have to do for now, lol.

Thx for watchin. Cheers, Ski.

Hey Steve.....wzupp
You Ok?
Cold weather coming = progress..,. yes?
Looking forward to the next installment
Cheers

Thx for checkin in Brother. Actually I just finished the firewood today, so between painting the basement walls, I'll be working figure #4 steady. I've done a bit on it and will post pics when the progress continues. Snow fly is on the way, yehaaaaaaa!

Cheers, Ski.

Howdy Yall,

Hoping 2016 will be another great paint sniffin, finger gluin, New Year for everyone.

Here's the R75 Driver in progress. Slowly but surely he's coming along. Still plenty to do, but here's an update Gents.

Still need to figure out the insignia on the helmets. Soon it will be time to knock out the punch list on all the figures and start basic weathering on the bikes, then that mighty base. Oh boy, what ever did I get myself into???

Cheers, Ski.

Hey bro, Nice work, keep it up (#4, .... I think I know that guy) :eek:
Happy 16 to you Sir.
Hope all is well with you and yours
Cheers

Latest posts

Back