1/72 Republic F-84G Thunderjet by Tamiya

smusno said:
are you going for the plate aluminium look for the skin?

alclad?

Yes, I am. I will use Alclad II "Airframe Aluminum" for the body. (sorry it took so long to respond)

UPDATE! :D The engine has been painted, dry-bushed, and gloss coated:

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg
(Sorry for the blurry photo, but you get the idea. :p)

Paints used:
Tamiya X-1 Black (Acrylic)
Model Master Gun Metal (Acrylic)
Model Master Flat Green (Acrylic)
Model Master Chrome Silver (Enamel)

I'll try to get some more work done tonight.

Thanks,
Austin 8)

P.S. Thanks for all the great comments! It means a lot!

Progress! :D I finished up the engine and painted the rest of the interior:

IMG_6365.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6372.jpg

Paints used:

Alclad II Airframe Aluminum (Laquer... I think...lol :p)
Model Master Green Chromate

Thanks,
Austin

Austin ! all I can say is that your game face has improved dramatically ! AWESOME progress on this !!! Take care ! keep up the good work !

Fabtastic work Austin ,the interior & engine look the absolute business !! well played ;)

Chris.

schweinhund227 said:
Austin ! all I can say is that your game face has improved dramatically ! AWESOME progress on this !!! Take care ! keep up the good work !

Chris S said:
Fabtastic work Austin ,the interior & engine look the absolute business !! well played ;)

Chris.

Thanks guys! ;D

Well high school exams are finally over so I am now free to work on my build. ;D So here are some pics:
IMG_6373.jpg
IMG_6374.jpg
IMG_6375.jpg
IMG_6376.jpg
IMG_6378.jpg
IMG_6379.jpg
IMG_6386.jpg
IMG_6389.jpg
IMG_6391.jpg
IMG_6392.jpg
IMG_6396.jpg
IMG_6397.jpg

OK. So now I just need to add a few parts to the plane, then I can start getting ready to use the Alclad II (After I prime it with gloss black, of course ;D).

Update!!! ;D

IMG_6410.jpg
The tires painted Model Master White and Tamiya X-1 Black. (still needs a matte coat)

IMG_6409.jpg
The gear painted Model Master Chrome Silver.

IMG_6407.jpg
The canopy masked and ready to be painted Alclad II Airframe Aluminum.

IMG_6405.jpg
The engine hood (interior) painted Model Master Flat Green.

IMG_6404.jpg
The gear doors painted Model Master Flat Green.

IMG_6402.jpg
The external fuel tanks ready to be painted Alclad II Airframe Aluminum.

IMG_6399.jpg
The gear bays painted Model Master Flat Green.

IMG_6400.jpg
The whole F-84 masked and (almost ;)) ready to be painted Alclad II Airframe Aluminum.

IMG_6398.jpg
And here all of the parts.

Thanks for looking!

AustinFire

Nicely done! I'm really looking forward to the high shine metallic finish! ;D

Probably unintentional, but Austin, if you scroll down 8 pictures from your previous post, you'll notice that not only are you Austin the modeler - but Austin 'The Paper Stud' ;D

Fruit said:
Nicely done! I'm really looking forward to the high shine metallic finish! ;D

Probably unintentional, but Austin, if you scroll down 8 pictures from your previous post, you'll notice that not only are you Austin the modeler - but Austin 'The Paper Stud' ;D

Thanks Fruit!

HAHA!!! ;D Yes, it was unintentional. I can't believe I missed that. lol. I think it actually says "The Paper Studio," if I remember...

Sincerely,
Austin "The Paper Stud" :p

The priming is now finished. I used the Aclad II Gloss Black primer. Here are the photos:

IMG_6425.jpg
Gear doors.

IMG_6424.jpg
Gear doors.

IMG_6426.jpg
Gear doors.

IMG_6419.jpg
The hood.

IMG_6428.jpg
Drop-tank.

IMG_6429.jpg
Drop-tank.

IMG_6427.jpg
And the primed and ready plane.

I plan on spraying on the Alclad II sometime today. ;D

Thanks for looking!!! :)

Austin

I think you've done a great job with the Alclad Austin ( insert BIG thumbs up ) ;D Its looking excellent fella ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
I think you've done a great job with the Alclad Austin ( insert BIG thumbs up ) ;D Its looking excellent fella ;)

Chris.
Thanks Chris!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, it looks like I am going to have a slight change in plans. Some of the decals for this version got scratched up :'( :
f84gme_2.jpg

So I am going to use these instead:
ltams7456.jpg

I am loving that Alclad! The high shine looks really awesome! ;D

But more so, I really like your taste in decals - if I had a choice, I would choose that arrow one every day of the week! I mean, the kit's decals are O.K., but those arrow decals really make this model have a bold statement!

Fruit said:
I am loving that Alclad! The high shine looks really awesome! ;D

But more so, I really like your taste in decals - if I had a choice, I would choose that arrow one every day of the week! I mean, the kit's decals are O.K., but those arrow decals really make this model have a bold statement!

Thanks Fruit! ;D

Latest posts

Back