1/72 Republic F-84G Thunderjet by Tamiya

Hey Austin, solid painting with the Alclad - looks great. Looking forward to the decals.

JMac said:
Hey Austin, solid painting with the Alclad - looks great. Looking forward to the decals.

Thanks JMac!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Okay! I just finished painting on the anti-glare panels. Sadly, some of the Alclad II did peel off on the hood with the masking tape:-\. But, I was able to save most of it after a little sanding, and re-painting. So now the anti-glare panels look similar to an arrow, which should go good with the decals... I hope... :)

Here are some pics:

IMG_6461.jpg
The finished gear doors (center) and the hood (top right).

IMG_6463.jpg
Engine and canopy.

IMG_6464.jpg
Engine.

IMG_6466.jpg
Intake.

IMG_6470.jpg
Engine and intake.

IMG_6472.jpg
Right wing gear bay.

IMG_6473.jpg
Left wing gear bay.

IMG_6474.jpg
All 3 gear bays.

IMG_6475.jpg
Front gear bay.

IMG_6469.jpg
Entire aircraft.

The interior and gear bays were painted using Model Master Flat Green.

Thanks for looking!

Austin

P.s. Sorry for the blurry images.

I hate to go this to you guys, but I have another slight change in plans... The arrow decals just didn't work for me... So I am going to do something more simple... The idea is to try to highlight the Alclad II instead of the decals. Also, I just don't want to have just another "run of the mill" Tamiya F-84G.

I'll try to surprise you guys... ;)

Aw man, no arrows :'(

Sweet! So it sounds like you're going for panel variations? Like the different appearances of metals and such surrounding the fuselage/wings?

Yeah, sorry Fruit, I tried. The arrows just wouldn't go on correctly... :(

There is not a variation in the Alclad, but there is some olive drab anti-glare panels over the Airfame Aluminum. This is my first time using Alclad II (awesome btw), so I'm not going to the to go too complicated...yet. :)

No man, it's no problem! It's unfortunate those decals didn't work out - I mean, they were really, really nice! For lack of a better term, I love those 'Nascar' planes, with all the elaborate decals and such. They really make the aircraft 'pop'!

But you know, sometimes you've got to 'do you'. [Whoops wrong quote! Typed on accident, stayed for the humor - albeit very dry and subtle ;D]

Cool thing is, you've inspired me to try that F-86 sitting in my small stash with all those cool decals! Thanks! [But I digress...]

Oh, I see what you mean! The entire spine of the fuselage right? Coolness, coolness! The metallic finish is astounding, no doubt, but the olive drab will surely add some cool variation and such - I'm definitely looking forward to it.

"...yet." -- I see! Austin the Paper Stud has a few tricks up his sleeve eh?! Well I wanna see these tricks eh?! See?! eh!?! [My attempt at parodying that one guy who makes the see, eh, see, eh remarks - his name escapes me at the moment!] ;D

Fruit said:
No man, it's no problem! It's unfortunate those decals didn't work out - I mean, they were really, really nice! For lack of a better term, I love those 'Nascar' planes, with all the elaborate decals and such. They really make the aircraft 'pop'!

But you know, sometimes you've got to 'do you'. [Whoops wrong quote! Typed on accident, stayed for the humor - albeit very dry and subtle ;D]

Cool thing is, you've inspired me to try that F-86 sitting in my small stash with all those cool decals! Thanks! [But I digress...]

Oh, I see what you mean! The entire spine of the fuselage right? Coolness, coolness! The metallic finish is astounding, no doubt, but the olive drab will surely add some cool variation and such - I'm definitely looking forward to it.

"...yet." -- I see! Austin the Paper Stud has a few tricks up his sleeve eh?! Well I wanna see these tricks eh?! See?! eh!?! [My attempt at parodying that one guy who makes the see, eh, see, eh remarks - his name escapes me at the moment!] ;D

lol. Thanks Fruit. I feel a lot better about the decals now...

And yes..."yet."

Well... The F-84 is now finished! ;D

Here are the final pics:

IMG_6616.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

IMG_6621.jpg

IMG_6599.jpg

Thanks for all the support/comments! You guys rock! 8)

Austin

Austin ....OUTSTANDING !!! , You got an excellent result with the Alclads ,they are great paints when used correctly ...like you have done ,a perfect example :) Great job fella ,I love it ...and good luck ;)

Chris.

ModelMakerMike said:
That is sharp!!!
Did you use alclad paint ?

Thanks! Yes sir. I did use Alclad. ;D

Chris S said:
Austin ....OUTSTANDING !!! , You got an excellent result with the Alclads ,they are great paints when used correctly ...like you have done ,a perfect example :) Great job fella ,I love it ...and good luck ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris! ;D

Well slap a knee and high five me! [._.]

Spectacular finish Austin, I love how the final product came out! And the inclusion of the tarmac really brings the model to life! Great job, and good luck in the competition!

Fruit said:
Well slap a knee and high five me! [._.]

Spectacular finish Austin, I love how the final product came out! And the inclusion of the tarmac really brings the model to life! Great job, and good luck in the competition!

Thanks Fruit! ;D Good luck to you as well!

Latest posts

Back