1/72 Millenium Falcon - Yes another one :)

nimrod77

Hi again all,
Well here is my next project that I have been working away at fever pitch since finishing the Viper.
6b78f847.jpg

So far so good, all the greeblies are fitted to the back and am about to move onto the sides. Straight OOB again apart from a few little corrections. She has been constructed in top and bottom so that I can pull her apart to paint and join the tow halves after painting.
I have been watching this Japanese modeler and have taken his mods to heart on my Falcon. Fine Molds Millennium Falcon Tutorial 1/6 S2 ep19
Looking forward to finishing it off to the painting point!
e480e974.jpg
7bb045ed.jpg
70008c89.jpg
More to come!

Looking great! Tons of parts eh? I'd love to be able to afford one of these - what a kit!

Great model the FMMF and looks as if you've nearly completed the assembly on yours.

Very informative videos he has on his build, I too applied a few of his tips on modifying some parts on my Falcon. Nice work :)

Wonderful. I just love the falcon, especially at that size. Everything smaller doesn't do her justice. ;D

Quick update..
Side walls done.
25c4c9a0.jpg
dd9dd79f.jpg

Cockpit done with the outerspace outfitters cockpit sheets.
c76758bd.jpg
525c78a6.jpg

I have painted the engine with Dark anodic gray, then washed with black. Hard to see sorry....
0e427cca.jpg

I decided that I would connect the two halves together after breaking a couple of little grebles by pulling them apart.

I have marked out the battle damage, gota get the chuck for my dremel before attacking it.. thats next :)
872a8f6e.jpg
1348da07.jpg
c244bf2a.jpg

More to come

Awesome build up so far. I want that kit so bad but haven't found one under $200.00 yet, I will be watching this build with great interest.

Looks good so far, and the panels from outerspace outfitters look like they really help the cockpit!

I lack the skill to do one of these. Strike that. I lack the confidence in my skill to do one of these. Someday.

Oh, this reminds me. There's a video review and build of a Japanese fellow doing one of these kits. He appears to be pouring some milky white liquid into some areas of the model. Any idea what this is and what it's for?

This is cool, but not worth the $200.00 hobbly link Japan is asking for it! :( You should put a light sheet in the cockpit - that would rock!! I'd love to see this with all the lights in it. This is one of the few times I get to see one of these in the raw before being painted.

love the cockpit, and youve made a really good start so far how about an update! :D

Very cool, I would love to do one of these kits too, but I can't see spending that much $ on it either... maybe one day. ;D

merseajohn said:
love the cockpit, and youve made a really good start so far how about an update! :D
You asked for it :)
I got a hour or so between jobs around the house to do the battle damage. All done with a dremel and an engraving tool.

385d5fe3.jpg
27f3d1bc.jpg
a8378553.jpg
6ada5bac.jpg
8ae01475.jpg
19314643.jpg

Not 100% sure I'm happy with all the damage......

Any comments welcome :)

Anyone wana come and help me with my 1:1 scale house so I can get it ready to sell please feel free to come and give me a hand :)

Damage is looking pretty good, actually.
Get some color on it, and I think it'll look fine.

Looks really Good !!! Not to over done or unrealistic !

Hey ! Look at that ... In th last picture, I never noticed there was a Panzer IV engine grill on th top side of th Falcon. A little further down .. another German Armor piece ... I just can't put My finger on it yet ...

Cool Beans ! I'm lookin froward to seeing this come together !

Many Armor kit parts........

on the Millenium Falcon. Come over to my shop and look over my unpainted F/M kit to see the Sherman tank parts as well as Stug III sideskirts and track etc...

Frank Blanton

Latest posts

Back