1/72 Fine Molds Falcon

punkpigpen

Ok so it just arrived in the mail today. i got it for 217 USD. the cheapest i've seen it. AND it came with some photo etched parts like hanger bays and round grille vents. AND some clear resin engine thingys. Actually never seen the kit built or unbuilt in person and I am kind of bummed how small it is. But I'll post more pics of when i actually start this thing.

Mine is just sitting in a closet collecting dust, waiting for the right moment to start. I will be following this thread for inspiration for my build.

Im just awaiting a small restock of paint but i may start this this weekend now that my Studio Scale Nice'N Tie Fighter is finally complete.

Mine arrived a few weeks ago from Japan, just waiting to get into the right frame of mind to get it started, there is an awsome build up of the kit by a japanese model freak on youtube, its about 4 or 5 parts but well worth the inspiration, here is the link for part 1,

Fine Molds Millennium Falcon Tutorial 1/4 S2 ep19

I think might already be somewhere on the SMA forum links page somewhere but here it is anyway??

After watching AKE built the 1/144 in last years contest, I thought the 1/72 was huge when I got it.

;D

Another good set of short videos to watch is Michael Fichtenmayer's youtube channel. Many know him as FichtenFoo, he's mastered some really creative kits and is a really talented guy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FichtenFoo#p/a

Yeh ive seen ALL those videos. Fitchenfoo's is great cuz i also like to weather with oils and with no gloss. and the japanese one i saw. i love that entire channel!!
At least Fine Molds did not skip on the detailing at the scale it is. but for the price i've seen this sell for i thought it would be a hair bigger, right???

Just Mike said:
they need to make a 1/48 scale in keeping with the TIE and X-wing in that scale.
Thing would make the 1/350 Enterprise looks small if they did it at 1/48

I think its a pretty decent size, it only just fits in my cabinet, but yeah I would love to build a 1/48 version!

Is this gonna be a work in progress, PpigP?

Even if not, looking forward to seeing how you get on.

i always wanna do a WIP but i can never get the frame of mind to snap pucs as i obsessively work on a kit. I'm gonna post my last Resin SS TIE Fighter today hopefully. i may try a WIP this time.

any progress on this..? or are still in the planing phase ?

Every time I open the box.... I get the Drools but also the butterflies....
the sheer amount of greebies is astonishing....

Good luck and I will be watching.... for sure...

trying to get pointers....

A friend of mine has one, he is waiting, also. I just have a Y wing I keep getting out and looking at.

I ended up delaying this build till the SMA group Falcon build in October. build up that Y-Wing man!

Latest posts

Back