1/48th scale Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat

Great work on the Power Plant Ace. Can't wait to see her wrapped up in that classic Hellcat frame. What's next...cockpit?

@Grendels
thanks bud

@FW190A-8
thank you, yes... good guess, right now i have most of the parts painted interior green, today i hope i will get all the resin parts and peaces in place, do all the little detail's, some weathering, and some washes. then i think after some more work, it gets fitted into the two halves of the cockpit, we will see what everything produces in the end...

@Scott Girvan
thanks, hopefully the cockpit will be just as nice.

@Docf225
glad you like the engine, she is a beauty.

That engine is sweet! Looking good Ace! You will very pleased with the cockpit, I built two of them and them where a dream! Take your time when putting the fuselage together, since there are no locater pins. I also found that glueing the cockpit and letting it dry before mating the fuselage will cause a bit of a headache with alignment. If you can, do that step all in one sitting. Again looking good!

ModelFreak72 said:
That engine is sweet! Looking good Ace! You will very pleased with the cockpit, I built two of them and them where a dream! Take your time when putting the fuselage together, since there are no locater pins. I also found that glueing the cockpit and letting it dry before mating the fuselage will cause a bit of a headache with alignment. If you can, do that step all in one sitting. Again looking good!

glad you like it.

DSCF2292.jpg

instroment pannel done, the cockpit is painted for the most part, needs a few touch ups here and there, there are little photo etch levers on the thing, the detail is mind blowing.

That dash looks real tidy Ace ....nice job ;)

Chris.

That instrument panel looks fantastic. Great work there and on the engine.

thank you guys... i hope i get to work on her again soon, i forgot her at school, ill probably start building again monday or tuesday, buy then ill have the cockpit buttoned up hopefully..

It's a shame to wrap both that beautiful engine and excellent instrument panel up inside a fuselage Ace. Maybe you should have done a clear version. :) Excellent work.

@schweinhund227
i dont work much magic... lol

@FW-190A-8
yes it is a shame, but to bring out the engine detail more when its installed in the engine cowl, i am going to paint the inside of the engine cowl Chromate green by Testers, its a much brighter interior green color, it should bring out the engine detail quite nicely.

Finally i get to post some progress! YAY!

DSCF2325.jpg

DSCF2326.jpg

DSCF2327.jpg

DSCF2328.jpg

DSCF2330.jpg

progress is really slow, but at least it looks really nice... 8)

Latest posts

Back