1/48th scale Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
I have a box review of her

it will be almost OOB, there where a few after market parts it came with, like resin tires... other than that, OOB, i am choosing the one that is right on the face of the box, did call it "Sea Beast" but it made it sound like i was trying to make my own thing and this is strictly for aircraft that have actually served or are actually serving in the Navy, Marines, or USMC...

1/48th scale Edward F6F-3 Hellcat Review

once again i have edited the post to clear confusion.

Re: 1/48th scale Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat "Seabeast"

Looking forward to it Ace :)

Chris.

Coolness Ace. Enjoy.

a good place to start your ab career :)

So....are you building this as an actual Navy squadron aircraft? Seabeast sounds like something of your own creation, and not something that actually served with the Navy or Marines. A "What If" build or something made up, is not part of the parameters of the group build, supposed to represent and actual Navy/Marine aircraft.

Elm City Hobbies said:
So....are you building this as an actual Navy squadron aircraft? Seabeast sounds like something of your own creation, and not something that actually served with the Navy or Marines. A "What If" build or something made up, is not part of the parameters of the group build, supposed to represent and actual Navy/Marine aircraft.

yes......... it is a actual navy Hellcat, im building the one with the shark face... it comes with the kit, it has no name that i can recall, so i am calling it sea beast, it is the airplane that is right on the cover of the box.

this build is pretty much OOB

here is a little update on the one i am building.

According too the instruction Manual the aircraft was flown buy...

Lt. Richard E. Stambook. he served in VF-27 on the USS Princeton, October, 1944

the instructions show that he had 10 victories too his credit, according too the decal instructions.

the engine was a peace of cake too assemble, the parts fit nice and snug and neat, the hard part was the photo etch spark plug wires, i built it about a hour ago... then applied some flat black on the cylinders, then i will dry brush some Model Masters aluminum over the top, this will bring out all the fins and details of the engine, and make it look really nice. then i will paint the rest gray, as instructed, and attach informed photo etch. the engine will most likely take some time, and hopefully look very nice when it is done.

DSCF2278.jpg

ok dry brushed some Model Masters Aluminom Enamil... and some grey over the front of the engine... she is almost done, the decals and other photo etch parts are next, going to let it sit a while...

DSCF2279.jpg

Yeah, that engine has some nice detail. Ace, was the PE included in the kit or was it aftermarket? I know Eduard makes a nice kit. You've got it coming along nicely Ace. The plug wires are dynomite!!

ENGINE

Pratt And Whitney R-2800-10 Wasp Double Row 18 Cylinder Radial Engine.

Cooling (Air)

Displacement (2804.5CI 45.96Liters)

Horsepower (2,000 2,700RPM, later versions F6F-5 2,200HP with denotes Water Alcohol Injection)

Aspiration (Depending on aircraft, for F6F the hellcat a two speed two stage supercharger.)

fuel system (Stormburg injection carburetor.)

DSCF2281.jpg

DSCF2280.jpg

@Fumblethumbs
the photo etch comes with the kit, most of the stuff i will be using comes with the kit, however the resin tires and perhaps the more detailed prop is aftermarket...

@Jmac
yes a slow running start ;)

@TRM
glad you like the photos, its a good kit, highly suggested for Hellcat lovers.

Solander said:
Nice star, Ace! This engine is so tiny yet so greatly detailed. Looks so cool! Nice job!

i know right? so tiny... yet so highly detailed.

Latest posts

Back