1/48 Spitfire Vb from Special Hobby

Bomber Boy

Static Grass Is The Sh!^
Howdy Folks, As some of you already know I work on at least two kits at a time just to keep thing s movein' along, so hopefully you have already checked out my 1/24 Stuka, in which post I ask what i should build along with. Well I chose this Spitfire Vb for my 8th USAAF/USAF, 4th FG 333,334,335,336 FS series build. The Spits were the first type of plane the group flew until they could receive their P-47s and P-51s.

So far this has been a great kit to build and comes with resin and PE parts which always make for a BETTER OOB if you know what I mean!! Of course the decals will have to be done separate as the kit has GB markings.

I have also started the 1/48 F-86 Saber of the same Fighter group, pics of it soon. What can I say I'm a plastic Junkie and love to just Keep On Building!!!!!

Enjoy,

sp4.jpg

sp3.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp1.jpg

Thanks for Lookin'

James

James, that thing is looking sweet. I can't wait to watch the progress on this one as well as the stuka. My in-laws just got into town for 10 days so I'm not sure how much work I'll get done on the B-17, thanks again for the info about the doors. I really like the way I can see all the way through the model with them gone. I am already thinking about the next B-17 I'll do.

Update Photos, you will see two Spits from now on as one is a kit I had started last year but never painted so I'm doin' it now. But the one with the BIG Guns is the one actually for this thread. I tried something new this time around on the other (mono) kit that was to use liquid mask for camo, and you can see it worked Ok, with some tweeking I think I'll use it more often. The one that goes with this thread will be painted tomorrow as I did it the old fashion way with tape so it takes longer, so more pics soon!

Enjoy!

sp9.jpg

sp10.jpg

sp11.jpg

sp12.jpg

sp13.jpg

Thanks for Looking!!

James

Howdy, got a few more pics for y'all of the two with all camo painted. I have the British V decaled and have gotten the decals printed but not on the US Vb so more soon as soon as I get them done this week. You can see the spits in the background of the Stuka build pic I've included.

sp16.jpg

st18-1.jpg

st57.jpg

Thanks For Looking!

James

Re: 1/48 Spitfire Vb from Special Hobby (Finished)

Thanks Go Browns, the camo was a test of two techniques, both seem doable and effective!

Well here they are DONE!!!! As a side job to the Stuka they were a fun build and both went together well. The U.S Vb is the special Hobby kit and the English Mk II is the Revell Kit. The Vb has recessed lines and a little better detailing, and the MK II has raised panel line and less detail. I think Both turn out top notch and hard to tell apart as kits. I hope you enjoyed this build as much as I Have.

Enjoy The last of it!

st19-1.jpg
st20-1.jpg
st21-1.jpg
st22-1.jpg
st23-1.jpg
st24-1.jpg
st25-1.jpg
st26-1.jpg
st27-1.jpg
st28-1.jpg

Thanks For Looking,
James

Lovely finish! Now I know the Vb has a lot more detail, but I have to say, the Revell Spitfire turned out just as great, if not better!

Perhaps a few more pictures with a solid background would really add the final umph!

Great work Bomber Boy!

Two great looking little Spits !!! love the finish on both of them ,I dont think the raised panel lines detract from the finish in any way ....Good stuff ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back