1/48 F-4E city of homestead

thanks guy

Really appreciate all the support.

Shes on her legs tonight, weapons are loaded.

I had a little incidend with the Sparrows.. wanted to strip the paint and start over so i let them soak in break cleaner...bad move i ended up with a ball of melted plastic.!! tunrs out its brake fluid you need to use to strip enamels not brake cleaner!! so im going to go diging and modify some of the one from the Hasegawa weapon set(cut the top fins)

Pics coming soon

Cheers

Neo

Hey there Neo! Nice to see another ARC'er here. Nice work on the Phantom. Can't wait to see her all done.

OK photos are DONE oh and so is the plane...

dscn1943a.jpg

Now remember i told you guys i was doing something special as a surprise... well now you can see it
dscn1944tl.jpg

Oh Yeah its a drag chute!
p1030252y.jpg

dscn1992m.jpg

So since i totally destroyed my sparrows with brake cleaner i decided who need them when you've got a Gun Pod!
dscn1963dj.jpg

p1030258xr.jpg

And for the cheery on the build a fellow modeler and friend TRM hocked me up with some sick details for scale signs and magazine to had a little custom and humor to this bird
dscn1982.jpg

dscn1949rp.jpg

These are not the best pictures ive taken in my modeling years but the best i can do for now!!

I want to thank TRM again for his help in creating the "Im with stupid" sign it really made me happy. I will be including many more of his products in my future builds to had that little extra touch
Here are some other example of his work
dscn1977m.jpg

Wow!! Very nice. Love the drag chute and the signs. How'd you make the chute? Also does the guy that made the signs make maps to put on the instrument panel?

Outstanding work my friend!!! The Chute is a sweet touch!! Well done on the entire piece!! ;) I am glad the little "bits" worked out for you! That idea youhad for the REO with the sign....Brilliant!!! Fits Perfect!! :eek:

@ Medicman71 - LOL...Not yet, but there is a thought!!! I will look into it!!

Thanks guys

really means allot to me that you like the extras i spent so much time on !!!

For the drag chute i got inspired from and article in the tools and tips of another site. I also realized that making a round chute it allot harder than square ones!!
Basically it Clear Box tape,un-wrapped multistrand electrical wire, and a boat load of patience and trial error!!

Here are some WIP pics of it
tape and wire
p1020979s.jpg

p1020982f.jpg

curved using a light bulb
p1020984l.jpg

kinda look like a jelly fish
p1020986a.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Neo- The phantom turned out awesome (I'm blown away that you brush painted big portions of it). The drag-parachute is very cool - nice addition to a crewed phantom screaming to a halt.

Neo said:
Thanks guys

really means allot to me that you like the extras i spent so much time on !!!

For the drag chute i got inspired from and article in the tools and tips of another site. I also realized that making a round chute it allot harder than square ones!!
Basically it Clear Box tape,un-wrapped multistrand electrical wire, and a boat load of patience and trial error!!

Here are some WIP pics of it
tape and wire
p1020979s.jpg

p1020982f.jpg

curved using a light bulb
p1020984l.jpg

kinda look like a jelly fish
p1020986a.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Wow. That's cool how you did the chute. Thanks for showing how it was built.

Incredible work! Congratulations on an amazing finish. Stunning work and I love the drag chute. Very clever idea!

Nice work, and great little surprise at the end. Always loved the Phantom, and the sharkmouth is the icing on the cake.

Latest posts

Back