1/48 F-4E city of homestead

I haven't check in here in a awhile, but man I'm glad it did today Neo - looks great.

I'd add some extra weathering around it and make it part of the finish. ;D
Adds some character I think.

Neo said:
Ive got a couple of options.
1- take another "Z" from the decal sheet and apply over this one
2- that the top bar of the "Z" for the decal sheet and apply over this one
3 Try to remove the top bar from the one on the tail and replace it with the one from the decals sheet(the problem is that i reapplied future so it would not get worst)

Let me know what you think

Neo

Well i went with option #2

Looks ok

Cheers Neo

This is how option #2 turned out

and the result :
p1030220fb.jpg

I also did a wah on the underside. This started as a pastel panel wash and ended up in a full wash as i was enjoying the result as i went along.
This is my first weathering job and im pretty satisfied. Note the darker spot are touch up waiting to dry and wipe down. After looking at the pic i noticed that i forget the front gear well so i added some and its drying as we speak
p1030218y.jpg

Also the dumb thing of the day : I removed all the canopy masking and installed it(TRM knows why i needed to see inside the cockpit while installing the canopy ..). Now i want to say a satin coat once the weathering is done ..... satin and clear part dont give great results... ill have to think f something

More to come soon

Cheers

Neo

Good work fixing up the decal. That had to be frustrating.

For the canopy, maybe try some liquid masking agent.

Hi Neo ,

This is looking great buddy ! I like the colours of the camo ,looks spot on .Brilliant save on the decal too ,looking forward to the washes being finished ,she's gonna look sweet :) Fancy doing one of these myself sometime .

Chris.

Thanks for all your motivating comments

Well for since i was not satisfied with the pastel chak wash on the underside i decided to go with a oil wash on the top for the panel line. Again this is a first time and it came out ok

I applied some liqud mask over the canopy(thanks JMac forgot i had some of that) and shot a satin coat.. yeah im starting to take advantage of the new Air brush...

p1030226t.jpg

p1030224g.jpg

Shes really becoming a nice McDonnell as "Im loving it"
twitterIcon_reasonably_small.jpg

LoL

more soon

Neo

Thanks guys

nice im really wondering if i should remove all the under side wash and do it like the top

That's awesome!. The bottom of thgese things could get really messy so I'd say your safe either way.

Great job on the paint job, and those tricky decals looked the part

great stuff

shane

Great work Neo. For your first time weathering that is looking brilliant.

Latest posts

Back