1/48 F-4E city of homestead

Neo

What do you mean i'm addicted to Airplanes!
Hi guys

well its time for my first wip on SMA. Started this guy for a GB on ARC but ill bring you up to date tonight and future progress also

It the Pro modeler F-4E in 1/48 building this one OOB except for hasegawa weapon set. As always i will be hand painting using humbrol enamels

Alright

here are some progress shots

cockpit is almost done and im waiting to see if my secret project is going to work before closing her up
p1020970a.jpg

this one is going to be canopy closed and pilots in their seats so not that much time have benn spent on details (I had to take a flash light to my built phatom to see anything in there so i dont see the point on detailing more that this)
p1020974f.jpg

i have a secret planned for this one and i had to wait to see if i could make it first,then modify the fuselage slightly before gluing them together

This is also my first try at pre-shading and since i still dont have my new compressor i used a Oil based Sharpie marker

wing are only dry fitted
p1030036b.jpg

and here we have the camo progress
p1030055j.jpg

p1030061.jpg

And here is what she looks like after some micro mesh sanding.
p1030074k.jpg

p1030077bv.jpg

Fell free to comment

more coming soon
Cheers

Neo

Gorgeous Phantom Brother!! How are you doing the panel lines? It looks like you are just going in with a Felt tip Pen

Thanks guys really appreciate it

ShutterAce said:
Nice B-25 too!
Shhhhhhhh your not suppose to see that!!

DaneBramage said:
Gorgeous Phantom Brother!! How are you doing the panel lines? It looks like you are just going in with a Felt tip Pen
As mentionned in the post i used a Sharpie oil paint marker
94795023-260x260-0-0_Sharpie+Sharpie+Paint+Marker+Black+Pen+Oil+Base+Ex.jpg

But its not really worth it as the hand painting pretty much covers it all up. Maybe it will show on the bottom light gray.

Cheers

Neo

[/quote]

But its not really worth it as the hand painting pretty much covers it all up. Maybe it will show on the bottom light gray.

[/quote]

Hey Neo, You are on the right track just the wrong tools and technique. Mine is to paint the model the color you desire in enamel or acrylic, and after decals applied, make this color VERY shiny and slick then using water base (enamel) or oil based (acrylic) pen fill the lines don't worry about over fill as it will be wiped off. after this dries use a slightly damp with appropriate thinner/ water and softly rub (in the direction of airflow) off the excess, some streaking may occur but this just adds to the effect of weathering. Then pull back a ways and Dull coat entire model, this should be last step.I'll be posting two of my recently built Phantoms to day and you can see how this works out there.

On a side not I too am starting a build of this kit. I attempting to build one of every plane that has flown for the 4th FG/TFW out of Seymour Johnson AFB, the F-4E is one of those planes.

Great build so Far!!!!

James

Hey James

well this was pre-shading(like most people do when airbrushing) i will also do a sludge wash after.

i have painted the canopy and first coat on the bottom. Ive just been Bussy/Lazy to take pic and post them ::)

Im also playing with the pilot and rio got a special package from TRM yesterday that will spice things up

I will get to it soon.

Cheers

Neo

Looks amazing thus far Neo! You say you didn't go too crazy detailing the cockpit? Coulda fooled me. Looks awesome. Nice to see an "old school" Humbrol pot and brush job here. Keep up the great job on this one!!

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot...Love the ARC forum! Great resource.

Playing a little catch-up here Neo!!! Very nice!!! Liking the camo buddy!! Wicked job on the office there!! ;)

looks great so far. Just wondering about the "Oil" Sharpie. Is that different than a regular Sharpie. I tried a preshade once using a traditional black Sharpie and after a few days the ink bled up through the paint.

Thanks All really appreciate it. PIC coming TODAY

Carsenault said:
looks great so far. Just wondering about the "Oil" Sharpie. Is that different than a regular Sharpie. I tried a preshade once using a traditional black Sharpie and after a few days the ink bled up through the paint.

Yes their are really different. It is a PAINT marker and not and INK marker. On the pen you will see the difference(plus it has metal shaker inside).

I bought the Oil version as my paint is oil based but i think the make Acrylic ones too.
I have the Extra fine point and the fine point. I use the Extra fine to do the work on the F-4

Hope that helps

Cheers

Neo

OK

here is a pic update. Last night i gave the second coat of paint on the underside.
I will wet sand it tomorrow with some micromesh to make it nice and smooth.

p1030108j.jpg

I also decided on the load-out

Exterior pylons: 2 drop tanks
Interior pylons: 4 AIM-4D
Center pylon : SUU-23A gun pod
And 4 AIM-7 Sparrows

One thing im still searching in the color of the AIM-4D rails. From what i gathered they are white but not 100% sure
If anyone has some info on those i would really appreciate it

Cheers

Neo

I like it,
but what really caught my eye was the B-25 fuselage....
What can you tell me about that? ;D

Looks great! Especially for brushed :eek: Just wondering, you the same Neo from LSP, cos that B-25 looks mighty familiar! That F-4 is really sleek though (well it's actually a big slow turning hulk) but yours is Brilliant!

Looks great! Especially for brushed :eek: Just wondering, you the same Neo from LSP, cos that B-25 looks mighty familiar! That F-4 is really sleek though (well it's actually a big slow turning hulk) but yours is Brilliant!
Thanks allot for the compliments.
Oh and yes im SMA,ARC and LSP Neo ;D you probably saw it in Foilers XP-82 wip on LSP

Anybody got info on those AIM-4D rails ??
Cheers

Neo

Latest posts

Back