1/4 Bf110C Instrument Panel

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
I circled and circled on a subject and finally came to Eduard’s 1/4 Bf110C Instrument Panel. A few months back I picked up the Royal Class Bf110 pack and this was included. Since the initial release the dashboard has actually been packaged as its own kit. Woot!

I opened it up to look at the parts last night around 9pm…and I finished up around 6 so 3 shy of 24 for a build time! Even more so because I didn’t start painting and assembling all the parts until this morning sometime. The instructions called for a base coat of RLM 66, which is a med/dark gray-black. Instead I opted for a coat of light gun metal straight from the rattle can then toned down with some dull coat. The frames are flat black. I really like how the combination came out. Oh, it's also got magnets in the back for versatile mounting. :)

Some of the curved photo etch pieces were a little challenging and I was a bit more sloppy with the super glue than usual…so poo on that. Otherwise, a little bit of aluminum dry-brushing, some silver chipping and some rust pigment wrapped it all up. Oh, and as an added bonus I printed out a couple of small maps of parts of Europe and a pin-up style photo of the “pilot’s sweetheart”. Enjoy!

dash_img_9222.jpg

dash_img_9221.jpg

dash_img_9225.jpg

dash_img_9226.jpg

dash_img_9227.jpg

dash_img_9228.jpg

dash_img_9229.jpg

dash_img_9230.jpg

dash_img_9232.jpg

dash_img_9233.jpg

dash_img_9234.jpg

dash_img_9235.jpg

dash_img_9236.jpg

dash_img_9237.jpg

dash_img_9240.jpg

dash_img_9241.jpg

dash_img_9243.jpg

dash_img_9246.jpg

Wonder when they are coming out with the rest of the plane.... ;D

It is very cool! Great work on it.

Wow. The more I look at this the more I want to spend the money on the Bf 110 Royal Class kit just to get this instrument Panel kit! Man that is so cool!!!

It's it's own kit now!!! Although I don't know where it's available from...it's not really listed on their site...unless I'm not digging deep enough...

nicholassagan said:
It's it's own kit now!!! Although I don't know where it's available from...it's not really listed on their site...unless I'm not digging deep enough...

It is its own kit now! Sweet! Eduard said it will be back in stock next month. On my to buy list now.

Latest posts

Back