Vallejo varnish and oiled earth panel wash

carthorse11

Hi , I have painted my model aircraft , I am going to gloss varnish ( with brush as have no air brush yet) then am I right in thinking panel wash next with small bush along panel lines , the next part is to Matt varnish but I have read you can’t brush it on,is that right and als do I need to thin the Vallejo varnishes and the panel was?
Regards Simon
P.s we all have to learn and if I don’t ask I will never learn

Not the wash , but the varnish maybe a little .
Always thin varnish coats as little as practical -- Test paint the varnish on some scrap until you get it flowing like you want .

Hi , I have painted my model aircraft , I am going to gloss varnish ( with brush as have no air brush yet) then am I right in thinking panel wash next with small bush along panel lines , the next part is to Matt varnish but I have read you can’t brush it on,is that right and als do I need to thin the Vallejo varnishes and the panel was?
Regards Simon
P.s we all have to learn and if I don’t ask I will never learn
Ask away, it's the best way to learn. I have hand brushed matt and gloss. Used vallejo thinned down 50/50. Better to do more thin layers rather than 1 thick layer. It gives you the chance to see how things look as you go. Just takes a little patience. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back